Monday, March 29, 2021

Liver Spots and the Senior

 


I have a story to tell you. 
Each day at noon, we eat lunch, sit in the sun by the pool for 10 to 15 minutes and I come in and lay down for a nap. Bored yet?
For some reason watching someone apply make up on a YouTube Video puts me to sleep. For years I have been unable to nap during the day. If I place the 10 inch Tablet on my Propup Pillow, within 5 minutes of watching I doze into sleep. I figured this out because I go to bed 15 minutes before Bob and put the QVC channel on and during makeup/hair color I get so sleepy I can't stay awake.

Finally, to  the PURPOSE of this POST and the PicMonkey creation above.
Yes, there is a purpose.
I am OLD, I have what my mother called liver spots on my face. THREE of them.
they are ugly and since I have not worn make up in the past pandemic year, they glare at me all day long each time I go in the bathroom, trust me, at my age that is a lot of glaring spots to face in one day.
Last week, while watching the Video of a woman applying Concealer with a tiny brush like the one above, covering up blemishes, I fell asleep.
The next time I faced the mirror in the bathroom and the glaring brown spots, I thought I need concealer. Just for the 3 spots. Remembering the cost of that concealer was $44.00 . I looked at the concealer I had paid a DOLLAR for at dollar tree, and tried it with the brush, thinking it would work better with the brush. IT DID NOT! it was so dark it looked like I had chicken pox.
Then I noticed the bottle of FITme! that has been there for a year, unused because I bought to light a color that did not FIT me!  Picking up the bottle I shook it, Just Like the Video Person, Put a drop on the top of my hand, dipped the brush in it, ran it back and forth across my hand to dry the brush and dry brushed the 3 Liver/Age spots.
Gone in 60 Seconds! or less!
If you are wondering why I don't just put on makeup, it is because it makes my eyes itch and I save money by going bare.

I took these pictures of the back and front of the bottle and hated them Instantly. 

A. it showed my bathroom is 1972 Green
B. You would notice I have no vanity top.
I quickly made the decision to play in PicMonkey for almost an hour with two photos to have the perfect one for this post. Just so you would all know
You CAN use cheap makeup as cover up
You can use YouTube to put yourself to sleep
You WILL have age spots if you don't already
Last but not least, there is a Reason I am known As MadSnapper AKA Bloviator
PS! One More Thing... I can and did remove my double chins in PicMonkey.

Click on Liver Spots to see what Mayo Clinic calls them. AGE Spots. I prefer Liver spots




26 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love this post. For one thing, I like just hearing about people's day to day routines. Don't know why, but I do. Goodness, you instinctively knew to put some on your hand, and used some process for drying, you have the talents of a makeup artist!

Tigger's Mum said...

I envy people who understand make-up. I've only worn it once in my life - got a professional to do it for me because my mother never wore it either and i had no idea where to start. It looked dreadful and i never went there again. She couldn't match my colour (I worked outdoors in those days), and ended up making up my ears and my neck because wherever she stopped there was an obvious colour change line. I hated, hated, hated it and never wore make-up again. I guess it has saved me money but i was never able to look the professional woman in my City of London job.

easyweimaraner said...

yay, for you, that it worked ;O) we all go nekked... it makes no sense to waddle through wastelands and forests with make up and such... and at the end I can chase bad people or wild boars away with going bare LOL

crafty cat corner said...

I just moisturize each day, I never use soap and water on my face, just cream to cleanse but I don't wear any make up other than lipstick. I look washed out without my lippy.
I have a couple of marks coming but not too obvious 'yet' lol.
Briony
x

Hootin Anni said...

I figure if no one likes what they see on my skin, tough titties!! I am at the age where all the blemishes & wrinkles are well-deserved, and over the years well cared for!! I prefer the term age spots. Liver spots sounds dysfunctional. (Mine, are on my hands too)

BUT on the other hand, this was a fun post!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Sandra

I use soap, water and when I remember some ltion that has sunscreen. Only if it does not have a scent, that makes me feel ill. I am like Anni, I do not worry what others think I look like. Take care, have a great day!

Ann said...

I quit wearing makeup quite a few years ago. I don't like what I see in the mirror but I didn't like it any better with the makeup on. I'm just too lazy to spend any more time or money on it.
Maybe they call them age spots instead of liver spots because so many people hate liver :)

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I'm another who goes bare. Even in the days of dressing the eyes and lips, I never dressed the face. YAM xx

Mevely317 said...

You are so smart, watching and learning from those on-line tutorials! Most of my life I've been ridiculously remiss about skin care. Plus, living in Phoenix and not using sun protection, well it shows. About 10 years ago I developed an ugly brown spot on my right cheekbone that required dermatologist care -- but the thing that bugs me most is the ugly purple streaks that pop up on my hands and arms when I scratch. Now I'm wondering if your 'stuff' would work on them.
Because I've small, deep-set eyes and NO brows, I use cosmetics there, but nothing else.

PS - Afternoon naps are the best!

Olde Dame Holly said...

I do NOT recommend others do this, but I got rid of my liver spots on my face by using wart remover. Not the freeze-drying kind, the chemical kind. I got rid of the four worst that way. I did it when COVID first hit and I was working remotely and could look scabby with no repercussions. I will probably see if I can get the rest via laser, just because I am a bit of a chicken at quacking on myself sometimes. I like your PicMonkey skills!

Martha said...

No make up for me either unless I'm going out and then only eyebrow pencil. I just don't wear my glasses in the bathroom so I can't see myself in the mirror lol!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've heard people say the tv can put them to sleep...this is interesting! I use mineral makeup because it is supposed to protect the skin in the sun. I have a lighter shade I can use under my eyes where it is dark and then brush the skin color over my face to go out in the sun. I'm not as concerned about how I look but I do want protection from the sun! Have you tried mineral make up?

Rose said...

I don't wear make up...once in a blue moon use a concealer. But I have to use a medication and sunscreen on my face every day! Every now and then if I know I am not going to be outside, I skip them.

DawnTreader said...

I've never used much make-up, just sometimes a bit of lipstick and on special occasions maybe a bit of mascara, a touch of eye shadow and concealer on a spot or two . On a daily basis I don't bother, though, and even less so just now as one is supposed to avoid close contact anyway!

Chatty Crone said...

I wear a moisturizer with sunscreen and a light color from Bare Minerals with sunscreen. I have to say I don't have sunspots yet on my face, but a few on my hands and arms - maybe I should use sunscreen on them - lol - would be smart.

photowannabe said...

My skin is so fair and when I was young I didn't take that good care of my skin..hence many wrinkles but I think I earned every one of them!
I used to wear mascara and eyebrow pencil because of my blond lashes and brows.
Now nothing.... what you see is what you get! Lipstick before the "mask" era.
My freckles are dimmed a bit now too.
I love how you can make even make up such and interesting topic.
Sue

My Mind's Eye said...

Oh MS this was fun and informative. Fit Me I will look for that next trip to WalMart..........because I know Walmart is the only place you shop....other than the $ store.
Hugs Cecilia

Ginny Hartzler said...

I don't know what makes this rainbow. There is no prism or anything else nearby.

DeniseinVA said...

That’s great! I rarely wear make up any more.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Great idea. I'm glad that worked for you. I use a great concealer I bought from Amazon about 2 years ago to cover up my bruises on my arms. I am going to try a brush when I use it. I too haven't worn make-up during this pandemic.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I may have to check out the FitMe makeup.

Inger said...


After reading this, I had to go to the bathroom and look in the mirror. I had now idea if I had any liver spots or not. And I did not. I do have wrinkles on one side of my face and not very many on the other. Driving in the sun my left cheek is wrinkled. I stopped using makeup when I retired. I used to care most about mascara as I was self-conscious about my light eye lashes. Now I don't care, so I never wear any.

CheerfulMonk said...

I haven't worn makeup in years, and when I did it was inexpensive stuff. Andy and I agree that mirrors lie, so we don't look at ourselves in them. Another fun post!

diane b said...

Love your humour and what you did to the photos. I need some of that stuff. One day I looked in the mirror and a new one had appeared on my neck overnight!!!

Breathtaking said...

Another interesting post, and it served to confirm my belief that cheaper products are just as good, or give better results than expensive products. I noticed that "FIT me" is made by Maybelline which I have used for years. I love the black eye lash lengthener,
eyebrow pencil, and lipstick, which I use when I go out, but don't use anything on my face at home except moisturiser. I too have age spots, on both my arms and legs, due to sunbathing when I was younger without adequate protection, but have none on my face. I haven't bothered to try to disguise the spots, but may try Fit me on the ones that are more noticeable. Thanks Sandra!:=)

My Tata's Cottage said...

You're so talented! You know Dolly Parton always wears those fingerless gloves because there is not a whole lot of cosmetic surgery to fix hands.I am always trying to fix things. My eyes squint too much so I started putting on mascara. WHen it gets too hot outside I will stop. Too messy in summer weathher. I think that Fit me may be a blessing for us all. THanks for sharing.