Sunday, March 21, 2021

The Mind Games Continue

 

2020 purchase
The mind games with MadMindsnapper continue. I posted the above photo because the story I tell will make more sense. I think! note you can't see if there is anything in that pot...

 First cup of coffee goes to Bob because I have to wait 30 minutes after the infernal pill that makes me wait.

Bob poured the coffee and said This is Water, you forgot to put the coffee in. 

I said I know I put the coffee in, I remembered I did it. I  lifted the lid and said Look, I told you I put the coffee in. OH no I said, this pot is new, why would it stop working? The water is out of the filler, the coffee is not wet. OOPS! that was my clue

 I lifted the NON glass, can't see through it pot, and found the pot full of cold water.

It seems I had put the grounds in, filled the pot with water,  but did NOT pour the water from the NON glass, can't see through it pot, into the filler.  I did set the auto perk for brew later, which it brewed for 30 minutes with no water in it. The steam from the no water brewing had dampened the grounds, but alas, all we had was a pot of cold water.  

My SIL texted me and said how is your stress level today???? you know Plumber Stressitis, I said it is down from 11 to 6. She said why a six? I said Because I brewed a pot of Cold water instead of coffee.

Now comes the question, If the plumber had not stressed me, would the coffee stress ahve been a 3 not a 6? Can I blame this on the plumber and Fed Ex? 

FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT! Coffee Pot LABEL says we have had 4 coffee pots since 2009.. not only did I post each one, I even PIPPED them in software... also I noticed in my levels, i have 14 Coffee Mug labels and 14 Coffee labels and also about 200 posts with the word coffee in it. Just sayin


24 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is all because of all the plunber stress, otherwise you would not have done this. Your brain was on overdrive. I have to wait at least a half hour as well. Levothyroxine.

Rose said...

Coffee is mentioned 200 times! I really like coffee with breakfast, but Roger used to drink it all day long. But he hasn't since his stroke. He wants a cup of the morn and that is about it. Used to he made a pot through the day a lot of times.

I think the stress probably played a part in this...you just have a few too many things that have happened.

Tigger's Mum said...

I, the Tigger, think it's a humum thing - like putting the coffee pot in the fridge and the jar of coffee grounds in the dishwasher. Blame it on that pill. I'm not sure what the excuse is in this household. (We don't actually have a dishwasher unless you count Mr B who washes dishes obsessively but F does absentmindedly put stuff in very weird places.)

Hootin Anni said...

I'm not a coffee drinker so I don't relate.

eileeninmd said...

Good morning Sandra,
I do love my coffee in the morning. I think we all forget things. I have poured the water in, put the coffee grinds in and then forgot to turn it on. I just saw a list of ways to relieve stress, laughing and less caffeine. I can laugh at myself but I am not giving up my coffee.
Take care, have a happy day!

Ann said...

Yep, it's the plumbers fault.
I stopped labeling my posts a long time ago so I would have no idea how many were coffee related. I suppose I could do a search and see how many came up if I really wanted to know.

Martha said...

This is totally the fault of the plumber and Fed Ex!

crafty cat corner said...

Intrigued about the age spots. what are you doing, I need to get rid of mine,lol
Briony
x

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Well, we all love to talk about coffee...and drink coffee! I was wondering about your stress with all that's going on too. Take care of yourself! It's always something...always things going wrong! Hope you can find ways to destress! Is that a word? lol

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
As a tea-only drinker, I can tell you the problem does not pertain only to coffee. Boiling a kettle and making a pot of char is all good and well. If you remember to put the tealeaves in first... YAM xx

My Mind's Eye said...

LOL MS I have done that very thing before. Good news is I found my own goof up 'cause I'm the first to get coffee.
Hugs Cecilia

Inger said...

You would be happy in Sweden, they drink coffee all the time there. Coffee breaks, called fika, are a must every afternoon. And coffee houses are plentifull. And were so long before Starbucks.

photowannabe said...

Ahhh Sandra, glad your stress level is down a bit.
Things seem like dominos when they happen to you.
I can only imagine what expecting a hot cup of coffee and finding cold water would be like..as I sit here sipping my morning breakfast coffee before going to church.
I sure wish Dave could be home. being isolated in the facility is boring him to tears. He has to listen to the news all day because the roommate seems to have control of the set.
We just have to "get through this" somehow.
Sue

Mevely317 said...

RFLMAO!!! ... only on account I can relate.
Yep, it's all the fault of that plumber. And FedEx.

I hope Bob found humor in the situation, at least?

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Haha and my first thought was was remote issue. I have never seen a remote by a coffee maker.. we have Nespresso machine but use it occasionally. We do not use tea or coffee first thing.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Sandra, I didn't know about your stress issues, having not blogged for some time, but little things can become HUGE things when
under stress. I need to read your older posts to get more in the picture.

Hubby makes our coffee in his 15 year old expresso machine. He can't boil an egg, but bless him, he can make an excellent cup of coffee.

Will see what I've missed tomorrow.

Breath in deeply, hold, expel slowly.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Blame it on the plumber - it's all his fault. Hope tomorrow's coffee is a perfect brew.

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

Pam said...

HAHA...I am a pro at either not putting coffee in, or not putting water in, BUT the best is forgetting to put the pot the on coffee maker. By the time I catch that, the coffee is all over the place. Yay for those days. HA

diane b said...

I think you need a coffee and yes it was the plumber who did it.

DeniseinVA said...

I brewed myself a cup of hot water only yesterday :0 A fun read! I am the only one who drinks coffee in this house, a 2 cupper first thing in the morning.

Catalyst said...

Your machine looks way more scientific than mine but I'm pretty sure I've done much the same thing.

CheerfulMonk said...

We don't drink coffee, but we do dumb things like that all the time... and we're not even stressed. We just figure it is what it is. 🙂

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I feel your pain. Stress can really mess us up.

Carol Henstra said...

Yup blame it on the Plummer.