Thursday, May 20, 2021

Fi Fi Fo Fum um Fly

Reenactment of a scene, time, place


Last night we went to bed, the man who instantly falls asleep was snoring in under 60 seconds. 
Just as my eyes were getting droopy and starting to doze.
I an just drifting into la la land, when a B52 Bomber flew over the bed.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz BZZZZZZZZ

my eyes instantly widened as far as they could.

I got up! Followed the sound, and found it was between the blinds just over our head.
I leaned over the bed with the fly swat, he moved over bob's head.
Bam! missed BAM! missed.
Have you heard blinds rattle when you slap them?

The blinds are rattling, after 5 Bams I decided to move to the living room sofa, the Because the BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ got louder and louder.
Thinking how uncomfortable that sofa is, I grabbed the swatter,
AGAIN
Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam
Bob never blinked an eye
I let the blinds slam down hoping he would wake up and kill the darn thing. 
He is much better at it than I am. He can grab a fly out of the air.

He slept on as I walked to the wall to hang the swatter, the fly followed me, NO KIDDING. he flew with me buzzing my ears.
I became the pied piper of flies and he followed me into the bathroom and I closed the door and went to bed. 
Either he went to sleep for the night or was no loud enough to come through the door.

3:30 AM Beau does his usual wake up LICK of which ever body part he can reach from the side of the bed and I of course go straight to the bathroom and There HE IS! (has to be a he, a she would not be that aggravating)
I grab the swatter and HE sits on the wall and BAM he is down and dead.
Bob is awake this time with hearing aid in and hears the Bam and comes to see what I am doing.
I show him the fly and tell this exact story and he is roaring with laughter and saying he wishes he could have seen it.
NO, I did not Swat Him, I laughed with him.
In a fit of giggles, he said I knew I should have put the garbage bin at the curb yesterday.
I remember him saying there is only one thing in the bin, it can wait.
The one thing in the bin as it turns out, was Watermelon Rinds and when we opend the lid, the melon had made WINE and a swarm of flies flew out.
He said we never have flies and I said how many times do we have watermelon wine in our trash bin?



15 comments:

photowannabe said...

Now I'm laughing right out loud.
Dive Bombers drive us crazy too...
What a story about the Watermelon wine and your being the pied piper of the fly.
Thanks for my smile this morning..I really needed it.
Going to Lynne's today instead of tomorrow. Trying to crank up my enthusiasm today.
Going to be snow in the mountains so that means a cold snap here in the flatlands...that means no sitting outside which usually helps pass the time for us...sigh...
Our lawn guy just raised his prices by $60.00! we can't afford the new price..hence our house and yard look abandoned...sigh...
I'm going to beg the neighbor next door to give the grass a trim or tow. We own no mower since living here.
We have more bills than moola this month..sigh...lots of things seem to be going wrong..
Hard to keep things going today..sigh...
I shouldn't be writing all this when I'm in a funk..sigh...
Good thing...Dave makes daily progress and he's looking forward to the middle of June when he can begin putting 25% weight on his fractured leg.
Thanks for listening.
Sue

Grandma C said...

😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣 When will the book version of this story be out. lol
You made my day.

Mevely317 said...

This is hysterical! Better than anything on "I Love Lucy."
Now, I don't know whether to start singing Pied Piper or Watermelon Wine.
Mostly I love the thought of you and Bob giggling together.

Martha said...

That is so funny Sandra! I'm the Bob in this house. I fall asleep the second my head hits the pillow and my husband swears a marching band could come through the room and it wouldn't wake me up! I'm glad you were at least able to lure the fly into the bathroom for the night so you could sleep, and glad you got a good swat in when you got up!

Hootin Anni said...

Funny. 'cause I've been there. Thing is the B52 bomber would have mapped an escape route from the bathroom to the bedroom. Yes, definitely a "he".

bzzzzzzz bzzzzzz

Hootin Anni said...

PS... flies take off backward. Aim the swatter on his hind side!!!

DeniseinVA said...

Now that's hilarious. Sounds like that fly was thumbing its nose at you. That'll teach him!

crafty cat corner said...

What a great post. My most hated thing is a buzzing fly indoors. Even if we have all the doors and windows closed they come in the cat flap. Thanks for the laugh.
Briony
x

Chatty Crone said...

I'm laughing right out loud. You even have a party when others are sleeping!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
LOL... and if it ain't flies it's mozzies... YAM xx

Ann said...

LOL, that is some story. Good thinking locking the offending fly in the bathroom for the night.

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is such a cool picture you made! And just from looking at it, I could tell what your story was about right away! Phil can catch a fly with his hand, too! I don't know how they do it!

Olde Dame Holly said...

This blog post had it all! Suspense, drama, action, and most of all, comedy!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh my woord! That would have been priceless to watch. You describe it in such detail, I can. almost hear the buzzing.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh my, what a pain in the butt! Glad you finally got it in the morning. Mark is asleep in minutes too. He lays on his good ear so he doesn't hear anything. Sorry about the watermelon and the flies.