Tuesday, November 30, 2021

We Have Been Boostered!

 


The traffic above, is our way home from our doctor offices, Publix Pharmacy, Family Dollar, Aldi.

The Weather outside was delightful,

But the traffic was so frightful,

Since we've got some place to go,

Let traffic go, let it go, let it go!

That was our song as we headed for Bob's 1:50 pm appointment to get Jabbed, stabbed or just BOOSTED!

I used sad puppy dog eyes and said to the lady as I handed her Bob's Moderna Booster paper work, traffic a horror out there, I have an appointment at 4:40 and I brought my papers and hope you can give me my booster at the same time as my husband. 

She works there and would know the 5 pm rush hour would turn my 3 miles home into 1/2 hour of sitting still in barely moving cars/

She said Yes and we both were jabbed and picked up Milk, eggs and bread while we waited 15 minutes and out the door and home. 

The whole thing from home to back home, including shots, shopping and driving only took 45 minutes.   16 hours and counting, no side effects except my arm is sore

Don't worry, if you are reading this it is NOT YOU


18 comments:

Rose said...

I am glad you are not feeling anything but the soreness...I was so.gkad to.have it done and over with.

My Mind's Eye said...

Being boostered is a wonderful thing.
I hope you didn't have any bad side effects..but no matter it was worth it
Hugs Cecilia

Mevely317 said...

Whew! Good to hear that lady was so accommodating and you've no side effects. I didn't either, but you hear so many 'stories' ... who knows?

Making a note right now to ask Tom's NP this morning if it's okay for him to get the booster in addition to his daily infusions.

Chatty Crone said...

I have had three boosters - flu - pneumonia - shingles - I should be GLOWING!

DawnTreader said...

Good to hear you both got your booster jabs. It's time for me to try and book mine now, but this week Nature decided to drop a lot of snow on us, making it a bit unpredictable when might be good day for me to venture out on a bus tour across town for that purpose...

photowannabe said...

Great that the nurse was so accommodating and you got jabbed.
Hang in there..
Sue

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
congratulations on all counts!!! YAM xx

Ginny Hartzler said...

The trip worked out perfectly! I bet you will be like us - no side effects except a sore arm. The weather does look beautiful, even for sitting in a traffic jam!

Hootin Anni said...

How nice of her!!
Everything turned into a win/win for you both.

Ann said...

That was great that you were able to get your shot at the same time.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Good for you guys, Sandra. We got ours back in October (6 mos post 2nd) and now I wonder when the "next one" will be ready...jp

Ruth Hiebert said...

Good to hear that you had no adverse reaction. I will be getting my booster in about a week or so. I have to wait 6 months after my last shot.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

We got ours about 2 weeks ago. No side effect and we had a 10:30 and 10:45 appointment. We were done before the 10:30 appointment!

Grimoirely said...

good to hear you got the jab and feeling great!!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What nice gesture!! So glad you didn't have to face the traffic again and are doing well so far!

eileeninmd said...

I am glad you are "boosted" now. Except for the traffic, it sounds like all went well. My arm only hurt for a day.

DeniseinVA said...

Good to hear you got your boosters and how nice of that lady to do yours at the same time. We got ours a little while ago at the pharmacy in our grocery store. We will be going to get our flu shot soon. Also one for pneumonia and shingles!!! That seems an awful lot but if I get a respiratory infection, it's been my history that I come down hard and it takes me months to get over it.

LC said...

Got a kick out of your versifying and your successfully orchestrating the jab without an appointment!