Sunday, July 3, 2022

Selfie Sunday Silly Stuff

 


I am halfway through my pot of coffee, and I was not going to post today, then I read Ann's post today, and recognized myself in her words, and here I am.  

I want to comment on a few words I found In a Kindle Book I did not finish reading.

Trouble has located my coordinates and is locked on!  

Sometimes I feel exactly like this statement. 

There is a coming Internet Apocalypse 

 I thought it was something the author came up with, but found it is expected to happen for real.

If the Internet Apocalypse happens, will it be a good thing or a bad thing?

Found on Google Search

 An 'Internet apocalypse' could ride to Earth with the next solar storm, read that here   ...https://www.livescience.com › solar-storm-internet-apoc...

OR read the short version below

Sep 6, 2021 — In short, a severe solar storm could plunge the world into an "internet apocalypse" that keeps large swaths of society offline for weeks or ...

This could be the answer to our blogger issues with finding material to post. 

When we are Forced to leave the internet, it might help us sleep better, interact with LIVE people, get out of the house because we have nothing to do. Clean and finish To Do Lists.

I would tell you the name of the book/author but can't remember which one it was in because I returned the book and can't remember. I tried asking Google and got a long list of problems that google is having with locations. OMW! That is another story.

16 comments:

DawnTreader said...

I hope it won't come to an Internet Apocalypse... Taking a bit of a holiday from it now and then probably a good thing, but I think I'd feel better knowing it's still "there"... :)

My Mind's Eye said...

My only complaint with Kindle is once we start reading we forget the title. I do wish at the top of each chapter they would print the title of the book. Hugs Cecilia

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am thinking it could be a good thing, because of your reasons, more exercise, not so much sitting. But I would hate it. I feel like bathing in a pot of coffee, too!

Mevely317 said...

Ooooh noooo ... say it ain't so! Anymore, my whole life revolves around the Internet; blogger's my favorite place to be.
What you and Ann both spoke of totally describes the way I felt yesterday. And the day before. I'm making myself get dressed and go to church shortly; hopefully, that will snap me out of this funk.

photowannabe said...

I'm sitting here drinking my morning cup of coffee and enjoying my blogging friends.
I would hate for that to disappear..My morning routine would be in total disarray.
Getting ready to go to church this morning too. That helps my day start better. Then to lunch and then to Lynne's. I do have to get myself cranked up for that though. Today its overcast and not too warm..hope it will behave this afternoon so we can be outside!!
Sue

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Yeah, it's so much a part of our life now, it would feel like a true disaster - for a while, then, as with COVID lockdowns, we'd adjust. Somehow... YAM xx

Chatty Crone said...

I can't imagine - but sometimes I feel I have had too much technology myself!

Hootin Anni said...

I would miss it at first, but believe we will survive. 😉

Tigger's Mum said...

It would be worse than COVID because all our systems (water, electricity supply, supply chains in supermarkets, phones,....) need it. Those folks who prpare for doomsday would be in their element. BTW if you want to loom at the fish get a bucket with a glass bottom.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I went to read her post first and I also recognized myself in her words too! I like those thoughts on the short version and I am going to go to the link after I comment here. Let's find ourselves again.....

eileeninmd said...

Hello
I am not sure how my world would be without the internet, kind of scary.
It is so easy ordering online, paying bills and checking emails and looking up the weather. I keep a record of all the books I read on Goodreads, even ones I do not finish. Take care, enjoy your day!

Breathtaking said...

Hi Sandra,We survived before the internet, and will survive without it,....somehow!

Inger said...

I've been off blogging for a while, a relatively short while, and it's AMAZING how many projects I've felt inspired to start at home. Once I finish them, I guess I should post about them on my blog. Hope you, Bob and Beau are doing well.

CheerfulMonk said...

The internet is a huge part of my life, but I'm trying to have a few hobbies that don't rely on it. Fingers crossed nothing serious happens.

Ann said...

I certainly hope there is no internet apocalypse. I know there are plenty of things I could do to occupy my time but blogging and the internet in general make me feel more connected to the world. Not having it would make me feel more isolated than I already do sometimes.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

I would simply hate it if I lost this avenue of communication and friends!

I could still find some stuff via the indexes of an encyclopedia but it would take ages, plus I'd have to go the real brick and mortar building!