Sunday, June 18, 2023

Heritage Chapel-Palmetto Historical Park

 



Heritage Chapel is available for use for wedding, funerals or services.
The Church is the only building in the Historical Park that is not an original building.
It was built in 1999 as a replica of the first 3 churches in Palmetto.
First Baptist, First Methodist, First Presbyterian combined architecture


First Baptist Church, built in 1892, was the church 6 generations attended. This was one of the models used to build the replica. My cousins still attend First Baptist and have since birth but now the church looks like this.

I would love to see my great grandparents viewing the church today.



The parsonages built in 1931 is across the street from my grandmother's house. 
It was the parsonage until 2014.
church and parsonage google maps.
the house has looked like this my entire life.






13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the windows design of the chapel. They look like little steeples!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Beautiful! YAM xx

DeniseinVA said...

It is a beautiful building.

DawnTreader said...

I think that's a good idea that they kind of incorporated all three churches into one as a memorial.

And nice that the parsonage still looks the same as back in your childhood!

Rose said...

Oh, my, the First Baptist was a beauty! And I love the parsonage.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The chapel and parsonages are pretty buildings.
The First Baptist church looks new.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Ann said...

I like that replica way better than the new First Baptist church. That parsonage is a pretty impressive looking house also.

My Mind's Eye said...

What master carpentry on the historic buildings. Those were the day when it was considered an art to take you time and do it right!!
Happy Dad's day to Bob
Hugs cecilia

photowannabe said...

I love the windows with the arches...so lovely.
The parsonage is wonderful too.
Sue

Mevely317 said...

What cool windows! And that parsonage is huge!
Ya, our ancestors would be shaking their heads over the mega/modern structures of today. I don't know of any parsonages around here, but that was a godsend for my uncle and aunt to have complimentary housing. Unlike some of the 'famous' evangelists, they were financially poor.

Brian's Home Blog said...

You sure have lots of pretty places to see down your way!

CheerfulMonk said...

That's a wonderful area. They obviously care a lot to do so much.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a beautiful house your grandparents had. I love the chapel. Those windows are so pretty.