Sunday, June 4, 2023

Three Cousins Outing

 


My mother was born in 1925, and lived in the house above that says Grandmother.
the home I live in now, is the owl that says Home.
It is 4.8 miles from my house to hers, As the Owl Flies it is only a mile.
My mother left Florida in 1943 and never got over missing Florida.
I loved this place from as far back as I have memories and in 1984 moved here.
Yesterday I met 2 of my 1st cousins that live right across that river, for breakfast in the Palmetto Historical District, only a few blocks from the house below..

source google maps

I have loved Palmetto my whole life and tried to buy a house there, but when we bought in 1989 there was nothing we could afford.
I used owls to mark the map because I have owls in my yard and when I spent hours swinging on that front porch, the sound of barred owls, screech owls and doves are forever in my memories.
Time races forward and since we  have not seen each other for 3 years, we decided we will make this a monthly THING and will try for once a month.
Bonnie, Shari and ME. their mom was my mother's sister. We talked so much I forgot to take photos of the inside of the restaurant or to ask the waitress to take one of us.
I cobbled this together from the restaurant website as background and them from the last cousin reunion and me my standard go to pic.
There may be a dozen or more photos on the way because I love the Historic district and may have went Madly Snapping after they left.
this is the outside of the building. Notice the boat. the Marina is only a block away and there is a boat ramp there.




19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Three beautiful ladies, faces full of joy! Very cool that you will meet once a month! I cannot BELIVEVE you live almost in the back yard of where your mom was born!!!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

P.S. I really love your owl map.

Ann said...

So glad you got to get out and meet up with your cousins. I can't remember the last time I saw any of mine. I like the picture of the three of you. You did well putting it together. Look forward to seeing all the pictures you took.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
I do hope your monthly meeting gets established - it's a lovely routine to have something like that to mark each month! YAM xx

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I like your owl map. It is great you are going to meet once a month and that you all live close for your visits. The photo you put together is nice, three lovely ladies. Take care, have a great day!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It's great that you all got together and plan monthly reunions from now on. Don't find reasons not to do it!

Rose said...

I love your cobbled together pic..it sure d iui rs not look cobbled together. Want to see on computer.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness - you have family so close - that is wonderful - they look so sweet!

Mevely317 said...

What a delightful area!
I was thinking about your luncheon yesterday; so glad y'all had a great time ... AND you're making a point to do it again. Sometimes I wish I'd have had a relationship with my cousins. Sad to say, ours is only a biological coincidence.

photowannabe said...

I think it's fantastic that you got together with your cousins. To be in touch with family is wonderful.
It has been many years since any of my relatives and I have been together.
They all live on the East Coast and I on the West.. I really don't know much about them except for the annual Christmas card. Pretty sad but it is just not going to happen.
Love the fact that they live so close.
I like the small town atmosphere.
Sue

My Mind's Eye said...

You are 3 peas in a pod...I love the photo.
Hugs Cecilia

My Mind's Eye said...

PS Mama was the baby of 7
I have 3 living first cousins.

DUTA said...

I'll echo Mevely317's words : Sadly , me and my cousins are just a biological coincidence

Ruth Hiebert said...

I'm glad you got to connect with your cousins.

Brian's Home Blog said...

That would be cool if you all could do the meet-up on a monthly basis, such a happy photo!

CheerfulMonk said...

I’m so glad you had a chance to do this! ❤️

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

apologies I seem to forget blogger posters - so I'm taking a little catch up, today. I actually get behind with many other blogs...
LOVE your cobbled together photograph and maybe next month you'll have more to show ...

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So glad you got out and did that. You did a good job putting you three into a photo. Nice story.

DeniseinVA said...

That’s a sweet photo and once again clever you. You are great doing these put together photos. Sounds like you had a great get together.