Friday, June 2, 2023

Heart Healthy Oats

 


Heart Healthy Oats that are IBS friendly
The pancake is my own recipe, adding oatmeal to my pancake mix and is a way to hide the oats that is healthy but not so tasty. I am not fond of oatmeal unless it is hot, full of butter and brown sugar.
I use gluten free flour, 1 egg, Vanilla soymilk and add oats.
I can't eat butter/brown sugar so that is out of the question.
Due to a sugar addiction I had to give up sugar 6 years ago, and the cookie that has saved my life is the one below.
The one below is healthy, tasty and yummy,
The cost is a little high, at $4.59 for 8 cookies, but I only eat one a day.
These have no sugar added, sweetened with natural fruits only.
gluten free, non gmo,high fiber
for more info I added the link to the Alyssas Cookie Site at the end of post.
There are 4 different cookies, I buy which ever they have but
PREFER THE CHOCOLATE, of course, of course.
The healthiest for me is the one Called healthy bites.


All the information and locations that sell them in their store is below or in the link.

 I buy mine at Publix and the cost is not bad because they keep me away from sugar. I forgot to mention I can only eat Canadian Pure Maple Syrup. Thank you to my Canadian Friends. 

List of stores that carry them is below with the link.


Alyssa's Healthy Cookies HERE


14 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm so glad you can find some fun things to eat! 👍❤️

easyweimaraner said...

how great that you can buy even healthy chocolate... we look for zero calories chocolates but that is probably a thing what will not exist hahahaha

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your pancake looks really good!!

eileeninmd said...

Your pancakes and the syrup both sound yummy. The Chocolate bites look good for sugar free. It is good you have options and yummy things to eat.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.

Rose said...

You sure have did good on sticking to the no sugar...

Brian's Home Blog said...

That looks really good! Hey, our Dad eats those Chocobite things too.

Mevely317 said...

You're a dietician's dream! Seriously, she should share your stuff with her patients.
I'm not a big fan of pancakes, but this picture makes me wish I could snatch yours off my monitor and into my mouth!

My Mind's Eye said...

Sandra that is one fine looking Pannycake
and chocolate that is Sandra friendly
Hugs Cecilia

DeniseinVA said...

Another great post Sandra. You help us a lot out here and I appreciate the ideas. Slowly catching up with blogging and am happy to be visiting you again. Have a great weekend!

Linda said...

Amber and the quads eat Healthy Bites! They have offered me one but I don't usually eat sweets. I'll except on ethe next time they offer! Now salt is another matter!! With all the salt I eat - my blood work showed my sodium was normal. What would it be if I DIDN'T eat so much?? I can turn down sugar any day but salt and wine....those are my weaknesses. Only wine is important to control.....since salt doesn't hurt me.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm glad you found a way to get some oats into your body. Also, how awesome that you found a cookie you could eat. How come only Canadian syrup? What is the difference if they are pure maple syrup?

photowannabe said...

You are the master detective! I'm so glad you found something tasty and good for you too. If it helps your problem then it is definitely worth it.
I was so bad yesterday and went FAR...FAR off my diet..I enjoyed every mouth full at the moment but now I am paying for it on the scale.
shame on me.
Sue

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It can be challenging to find foods that you enjoy and that actually taste good when you are have to be careful of certain foods and ingredients. I have been making sugar-free puddings as our after dinner treat, but not on a nightly basis. We will have chocolate fudge tonight because it's a weekend!

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

having to watch what one eats is a pain in the "you know what" but when you do find foodstuffs that don't cause that "pain" - then just having that treat or whatever is a fine thing to have...