Friday, December 8, 2023

About commenting on blogspot bloggers.


 Some of you have been asking about the sign in with google that comes up on blogger accounts, and when we click, it will not let us sign in. I stumbled on the answer by accident.

I knew if I used Edge, I could not comment on this blog if I use Chrome I could. The reason is the person trying to comment has disabled third party cookies....I did not do it or if I did, I did not know I did it. 

Snip from blogger help forum is below 

Blogger uses third-party cookies so you can comment from your Google Account. If third-party cookies are disabled on your browser, you may not be able to comment on blog posts while you’re signed in. You can still comment anonymously, or with a name and URL.

10 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Good to know!
... and you're far more interesting than regular research.

Tigger's Mum said...

Does that mean enabling third party cokkies generally or can we create exceptions that allow third party cookies from names sites?

Terra said...

Thanks for your insights on this common problem. I have disabled cookies and use Firefox, and about half the time I can leave a comment and half the time I can't. I want to keep cookies disabled so will keep on as is. Sometimes when I try repeatedly when not allowed to comment, I can comment. Oh well.

CheerfulMonk said...

Thank you! I eventually figured it out a short while ago, but it was frustrating until I did. You have no doubt helped a lot of people.

Rose said...

I hope I can remember this in case of future problems.

Ann said...

Interesting. I didn't know that. I don't recall ever having a problem with it though.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Nothing is ever quite as simple as it seems!

The Happy Whisk said...

Yes! I've had this happen to me because I did shut off third party cookies. The issue I'm having now though is, I comment on other blogs and I see my comment published fora second, and then it's gone. I dunno. Have you had that happen and if so, have you found the cure?

DeniseinVA said...

Thanks for this, I have noticed some oddities with blogger. I am still getting blogging friends in my spam folder but check more so I can publish them without having them in there for a long time. Also, there are times it won't publish my comment and I keep getting an error, even when I am answering people on my own blog. Not all the time but enough to be a bit annoying.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm not sure if I have seen that but I don't like having issues on blogger. Thanks for sharing.