Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Cardiologist Visits

 

Eye Chart Art in Doctor office

The docter leaves the door open while while Bob eyes were dilating, because I am claustrophobic in tiny rooms with no windows. this chart was dead in my lens to my cell phone. Because I could.

Bob's eyes were clear of cancer, which was the reason we went. Melanoma sneaks in the eyes we were told. He had both cancers removed, one-week later stiches out and all is clear. 
Once a month we visit the Cardiologist for a finger prick test of blood thinner levels.



This is one of three checkout windows at the Cardiologists office. I thought it was hilarious, because the 3 check in desks, in lobby, there was no sign of a holiday. This girl had the only decor in the whole building. She stepped away allowing me the chance to get a photo.
No, the lights are not floating in space. Each desk has a plexiglass shield in front of it.

 She is the new girl on the block. What she doesn't know is, everyone is this place is blah and not friendly. It is the saddest, most unfriendly place we go to. The office is depressing. 
If this newbie trainee, last until next Christmas I will see what she does about Christmas. 
She even smiled at me. Something I thought the office did not allow. As though they are trained to be quiet, unsmiling, and above all do not speak.


HO HO HO 

18 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm glad things are going well with Bob, and that new girl sounds sweet. I hope she lasts. ❤️

DeniseinVA said...

I’m glad also that Bob’s tests went well. We all need some one who smiles in the doctor’s office. I hope she lasts too.

easyweimaraner said...

how great that you can share good news ... now it is really christmas time...

Linda P said...

You brighten up the places you go to, Sandra. I'm thankful that I can still see your blog posts and send comments. Blessings to you all.

Ann said...

That's good news.
Too bad about the unfriendly people there. Maybe the new girl will be able to spread some of her holly jolly around.

eileeninmd said...

Hello

I am glad all went well with Bob's checkup. I have been to a few offices where the workers are not friendly. It seems they are all about the work and only work. You check in and go wait until you name is called. I hope they like their jobs, it could be why they are not happy and smiling. The decorations are pretty, I hope the new girl likes her job! Take care, enjoy your day!

Rose said...

They might make her remove her decorations because they might offend someone...

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
May she last long and spread the Love! Glad the news was good... on health matters, do send my healing wishes to Ginny; am missing seeing her comments! YAM xx

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I hope she stays and is able to turn the glum atmosphere around.

My Mind's Eye said...

WOW that is just crazy about the unfriendly staff.
Maybe the newbie will start a new trend.
Hugs cecilia

Inger said...

I'm glad Bob is OK. I told you I have a friend with stage 4 melanoma and it's really horrible and a miracle she's still alive. She wrote a book called Two More Years, and she's now made it past that. Only in her 40's with kids.

Mevely317 said...

First, thank goodness for Bob's 'all clear' on the eyes! I'm so glad he agreed to go.
That business with the new clerk is sure curious. I wonder if the doctor, or even office manager isn't a difficult so-and-so to work for.
Let us know, next time you're there if Miss Congeniality is still there with a smile on her face!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Sandra :=)
I'm glad the cancer did not spread to Bobs eyes, and he is OK. I have mine done on the 16th of December all being well, but I have had it so long that now I'm wondering if it has already spread to my eyes. How long did Bob have the sores before he was operated?

A smile from anyone is nice to get, but even more so in a hospital or doctors office. The new girl seems friendly, lets hope her genial disposition spreads throughout the office, and it catches on.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Hooray for good news for Bob, that's wonderful. That is a pretty and festive Christmas display!

photowannabe said...

Gosh, that sound's like a dreadful place to be captive in.
Smiles are so healing...I hope the new gal can spread it around.
That's awesome that Bob checked out so well. A great load off your mind.
Getting ready for company tonight so I have to get cracking..
There will be 9 for dinner..
Sue

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad that his visit went well and no sign of cancer. I didn't know they check on blood thinners. Mine has never been checked. It must be the one he is on. That desk does look cute. I usually see a lot of decorations at my doctor's visits.

Tigger's Mum said...

Maybe nobody smiles at the poor staff and it makes them all miserable. That girl might have started off on the right track to generate positive response and it it makes her job more enjoyable, she will be more enjoyable to the customers.... Good on her (and you). Glad to read Bob's eyes are all clear.

Adorapurr said...

Miz Sandra, I'm so happy to have found yoor blog. Yoo are funny and made me and Momma laugh. So glad Bob is doing well.