Sunday, December 10, 2023

Santa Baby was Me Rewind 2009

 


Archive photo from December of 2009 todays photos were taken in 2007 but first used in 2009

From 2006 through 2015, I played Santa at the nursing home, where I volunteered. 


Above is the singing Reindeer, push the button and he sang Jingle Bells while dancing around and shaking his booty. 


 He went to the Christmas party where Sandra Claus handed out 3 bells on a ribbon to each resident and we all sang, shouted Jingled bells and shook those bells. I shook the bells around my neck.


Reindeer sat on each table, while I passed My Santa around for each to take a better look at him.

I still have the Santa dress, if anyone wants to hire Sandra Claus. I wore it for all visits in December and walked the halls letting the reindeer do his magic of making everyone smile and clap their hands. I am pointing to a reindeer on my hat that blinked madly. PS I am 70 pounds lighter than I was back then.

15 comments:

Ann said...

What fun that must have been. I bet you brought a lot of joy to the residents. That's a really pretty dress too. You look nice in red.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Looks the photos, lots of fun memories of your Christmas pasts. You look pretty in the red dress, very festive. Happy Sunday, have a great day and happy week!

Rose said...

You are still.Sandra Claus for Beau!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun performing and doubtless the residents enjoyed the merriment too.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Sandra, you ROCK that red dress - it's beautiful, as are you in it. (Though I bet you feel good recognising how fantastically you have done with weight management!) And what you were doing for those residents was an act of beauty. To wrap up this present of a post, I could some it up as Love in action! YAM xx

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely to see you in that outfit and Santa hat. You look beautiful! What a joy you must have been to the residents.

My Mind's Eye said...

1 guess as to who adores this dress?
Hugs Cecilia

Brian's Home Blog said...

I know you had to be one fun Santa for them!

Mevely317 said...

I know you're so happy to have lost 70 lbs., but that last photo of you is one of my favorites. My beautiful friend!

I love the idea of jingle bells on ribbons! Your 'gig' at the nursing home wasn't all fun and games, I'm sure, but from this glimpse it looks that way. Just me perhaps, but given the choice, I'd rather bring joy to older people like this v. children.

photowannabe said...

You were a beautiful Sandra Claus and you are absolutely fabulous now..70 pounds is awesome.
I can see you brought joy to those seniors day with the raindeer and jingle bells.
Sue

Tigger's Mum said...

70lbs!!!? Crikey you carried it well. You look fabulous in that dress, and I absolutely live your antique style Santa. He's really classy

DawnTreader said...

I've known you since 2009 Sandra Claus, and the dress and yourself still look familiar (even if nowadays you're a thinner version of yourself)... :)

The Happy Whisk said...

You look stunning in red!

CheerfulMonk said...

Bless you, bless you, bless you for bringing joy to the world! ❤️

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That was so kind of you. I love the photos you shared and your outfit is so cute.