Saturday, December 2, 2023

Shocked, I say I say I AM SHOCKED

 


My brother has the same itchy eyes I do and told me his doctor recommended Pataday once a day drops for the allergies itching. I ordered 2 bottles from Amazon for 19.99. It does help.

Check out the size of the bottle, the same size as 1/2 of my thumb. the fine print says.
2.5 ml (.85 oz) supposed to be 30 days' supply.
I ran a search to see if it was cheaper and it was more than AMAZON.
If you buy it at CVS that is the highest at 25.00 and that comes to $286.56 per oz! I assume they think telling us how much it is for an ounce, but that the small amount last a month, we are saving dollars at $25.

All I have to say is......... I say, I say, I say, I AM SHOCKED! Shocked to my core....



Beau says he is not shocked that once again he is stuck behind a closed door while MadSnapper plays with the cell phone.



12 comments:

Terra said...

Amazingly expensive. Maybe we could get into the lucrative business of making that stuff!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
...yikes... I'd just go for doing my own saline eye baths... that's what my gran and my mum did. Thankfully, I rarely have too much trouble with my eyes. Yxx

Ann said...

That price is insane. I got a bottle of drops from my doctor that was that size. Hard to believe you can get enough out of that to last 30 days.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Greed is alive and well, isn’t it?

Rose said...

That would not last ne a day...I cannot always get the drop on my eye. I use systaine... iui t is high enough.

Mevely317 said...

That's what Tom's eye doc recommended!
I, too, was shocked at the sticker price ($20-something at Walgreens) but have to admit, it works! I'm guessing there's no more affordable (generic) equivalent just yet?

Now that I'm using it, too, I'll be ordering from Amazon next time.

Mevely317 said...

For some reason, both my comments have disappeared ... hope something made it to your e-mail!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That definitely seems like a lot of money. I'm glad that it seems to help you.

DeniseinVA said...

Just one word, WOW!

Tigger's Mum said...

If it works....some things are worth the investment.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I can do you one better on a costly item, Sandra, how about $150 for a prescription toenail softening ointment? The podiatrist gave me a prescription, but when I went to CVS and heard the cost and that was for a single dose (he had written the prescription for 5 refills). I did not fill it, but found a product on Amazon that was less costly with the same ingredient (urea acid) at 42% vs. the 47% prescription one.

The Happy Whisk said...

Yeah, it's crazy when companies write, per oz, which isn't even 30 grams in total. It's nothing. And for so high.