Monday, August 26, 2024

Twas A Sunday Morning Miracle

 

archive photo


Working on the pool is an everyday occurrence for Bob. And has been for 35 years.
Wednesday morning Bob to the box and flipped on the pump, and it ran 2 minutes and died. dead. nada. nothing.
He said it was the breaker box, that the problem was he was not getting electric to the pump. NOT THE PUMP. the Electric. I with all MY knowledge Knew it had to be the pump.
He wanted me to call and electrician. I did and he called back and said it was not a job he would take on.
His words not mine. THINGS erupted.
I called Pinch a penny, our go to for pool repairs, and they said Monday Noon was 1st time they could 4 and 1/2 days and the pool would be slime. 
all day for 3 days I listened to. it will only take a few minutes to fix this, if I knew how I would do it, he was threatening to take the cover off the breaker box, and I FREAKED and had a hissy fit.
Friday afternoon, because I was losing sleep over this, I messaged my 1st Cousin once removed and asked if her hubby who owns a pool business could come look at it. Yes, but it would be some time Monday.
Thinking he might not charge as much and to give family business, I canceled Pinch a Penny and
she said Danny would call me. No call by bedtime, I message, and she says he will call you when he comes in. Bob had already gone to bed, I read until 9 and no call. I close the book and try to go to sleep and at 9:05 I get a message he will come on Monday; tomorrow send him photos of the pump and he would come by sometime on Monday. I could not go to sleep because I was thinking what if he doesn't come until 8 in the evening and we will be in bed.
I get a message after I send the pics next day and he says, that's a new pump, call the company and get them to send a warranty adjuster. NOOOOO it's not the pump
I did not sleep well Friday night thinking about all this. I said pump is new bob says its not the pump.
Comes Saturday, 4th day of no pool, I walk in Walmart and coming towards me was my Wal-Mart Friend named Tami and her husband. She says Hi, how are things at home?
I spew the story I just typed. she points at her hubby and says that is what he does for a living.
He tells me it is probably the pump; this is 3 people and myself thinking it is the pump.
Bob says it is NOT the pump.
Sunday, we take the dog to the park, and I come home and think, I don't know these people, she is a person I have seen every Saturday shopping for 20 years. We exchanged cell numbers about a month ago and she said if I was not going to shop to text her because I missed 3 weeks, and she was freaking out.
I text and say Tami, is there any chance your hubby could come and look at this pool thing?
She answers, we can be there in 30 minutes. They came, we sat inside talking, 30 minutes passes and they come in from the back yard and he says its fixed. its running.
Bob was right, it was the timer, it was fried. The fix was, he bypassed the timer and now it turns off and on with the breaker switch.
He refused to take any pay.
That is a miracle, no charge, comes in 30 minutes, done in 30 minutes and they don't even really know us.
IT seems to me, my talking to much PAID OFF, thank you Lord for kind and caring people that helped us. Good people do exist. 
FORGOT to say, Monday, that is TODAY. I go at 10 am to get results from my memory test.
Later Gators

19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

This really WAS a miracle, and it is all because of you, and how you befriend people! Also Bob must be overjoyed because he was right all along. Let me know your results!!

easyweimaraner said...

so good that we have such fab people in our world... I hold breat as I read about taking the cover off... that was what mark would do... he removed the box from a brandnew washer, it didn't start and he opened the back paneel... I nearly collapsed... the reason was just a lock for transporting the thing , you had to remove , what was written in instructions...that was all... oh and warranty seal is broken now... ugh!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

This really does fall into the category of all’s well that ends well.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
It is good that you talk with so many people, your Walmart friend and her hubby were so nice to come to quickly and fix the problem. Happy news for you and Bob. Take care, enjoy your day and have a great week ahead.

Ann said...

WOW, that proves there really are good people in the world. Isn't it wonderful how they seem to be there at just the right time in our lives.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Phew, is all I can add to that! All the best for the results. YAM xx

Rose said...

I was so glad this got resolved...

Brian's Home Blog said...

How nice that your shopping pal's hubby was able to get it up and running again! We'll be thinking of you as you get your test results.

My Mind's Eye said...

WOW yes indeedy your friendly manner and gift of gab did you a great service. Thank goodness Bob didn't decided he KNEW how to do that
Hugs Cecilia

Sparky said...

That made me jump up with joy too!!! Praise God for the kind, loving hearts in others. To God be the glory for answered prayer. Yes, always talk to people. I do that too (must be the Scot in us?!). I talk to everyone, share info, encourage, try to help. That's why Steve and I volunteer to help friends as much as possible. We all need to help one another with our own special gifts or talents. Now, go, help someone else in whatever way you can. Even if it's only listening and kindness. It's an excellent way to Pay Back for how others are helpful to us. Amen?!
Hope the memory test went well. Bet you were walking on air today. 💙

Mevely317 said...

Wowza! That's the best illustration of a miracle I've ever heard. I like what Sparky just said about paying it forward ... not that you don't already. Maybe someone else (like me) can take a life lesson.
So, the oxygen guy just left (monthly inspection) and I looked at the clock, imagining you're back home by now and feeling better about the memory test. Can't wait to hear more!

Inger said...

Kind and helpful people are such a blessing that help me keep my faith in humanity. I too can't wait to find out your test results. And now I'm wondering how I would do should I decide to take the test. Lately, I've felt it to be necessary to repeat to myself, the date of the month, every morning, like: today is Monday, the 26th of August. I don't know why I'm doing this, but I'm pretty sure if I didn't I wouldn't have a clue what the date was. I can't wait to hear your test results. Does the doctor go over them with you?

DeniseinVA said...

I am happy you found your pool angel through pool angel's wife. So good of them to come over as quickly as they did and a rarity no charge. Angels, both of them! Read that the cognitive test went well. Congratulations!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

These are my favorite kind of posts...I am so glad your Walmart friend's hubby solved your pool problem!
Good luck with your test results!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a hassle that was but I'm happy the way it turned out. Talking too much did pay off and the Lord was watching over you. Praying for good results today.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

All that angst whisked away by some awesome peeps who know when to lend that helping hand. We are sure your results will be good.

Woos - Misty and Timber

Pamela M. Steiner said...

What a wonderful miracle indeed! So happy God brought all the right people together at the right time and finally the job is done and your pool is beautiful again! AND I already know you got good news today from the doctor, so that is the cherry on top of the cake or Sundae, or whatever you want! You deserve something yummy and good! Have a blessed rest of your week.

Chatty Crone said...

So, Bob was right! lol There are so many wonderful people in this world - how nice he did that for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CheerfulMonk said...

Bless them! I’m so happy it’s fixed.