Sunday, September 27, 2009

1 Corinthians 13

1 Corinthians 13 is the Love chapter in the Word of God. Love is sadly missing in our new age society.


Love looks beyond what people are to what they can become. David Roper

Verse 4 through 8 says
"Love suffers long and is kind: loved does not envy; loved does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.


The first 4 verses repeat over and over, no matter what we HAVE if we have not LOVE we have nothing. Not love for ourselves but love for others.
"And though I have all faith, so that I could move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

Imagine our world if everyone had love for each other, no crime, no murder, no abuse, no theft, no divorce, no children in foster homes. On and on the list could go, But For The Lack Of Love.


2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I do love this post. But here's what I really adore. Your Friday post. What beautifully edited pictures! But here's what just got me so excited this morning as I read it. I could not imagine why pelicans could be your favorite bird, till I read further. Wow. From now on, I think I will look at some of God's creatures in a different way. Your posts give me all kinds of exciting thoughts. Guess what we saw yesterday? A great blue heron. I'm going to post the pictures and story about it tonight. It was majestic!

Unknown said...

I loved your blog this morning. All of the Scripture also. "The way of The Cross leads Home" Oh so true. Keep your eye on the Prize.