Friday, May 21, 2010

Hallelujah!

My husband and I are avid fans of the TV show, American Idol. This week, Lee sang a song I had never heard before, Hallelujah. I searched for it on YouTube and found alexandra Burke singing it. I was totally shocked when my research found it is from the movie Shrek. I listened to it several times during the day.
Early yesterday while measuring The Pineapple (see side bar, it is now 5 inches tall) I noticed a pink hibiscus and the thought crossed my mind to take it's photo (imagine that if you can) but decided I had a few thousand photos of that type in a folder so why bother, I mean How Many photos of a pink flower do I NEED.
Late in the after noon, the same flower, in the same spot caused me to say Look, the sun is making the flower shout Hallelujah!
 
What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable.
Joseph Addison 
A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine. Anne Bronte 

As the great eye of heaven shined bright, And made a sunshine in the shady place.
Edmund Spenser 
As the sun shined through the hibiscus and changed it totaly, the music shined into me and changed my attitude as I listened. Sunshine and Music can change my day and did.


I am back adding a PS to this blog an hour after posting because Caroles comment made me THINK
PS: the first part of the song says:
I heard there was a secret chord that David played and it pleased the Lord… I was thinking how the flower pleased the Lord who created it and the sun made the flower pleasing to me. the sun played a pleasing chord in my soul.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures and blog. I love the hibiscus.... much prettier than the one I have. No matter how many pictures you take of one thing.... each one is different. It does sing Hallelujah!!
Carole

Dawning Inspiration said...

I think you need a few thousand and one pictures of heavenly, halleluiah type pink flowers!! ;o)

Great song, too!! Thanks for sharing! Gives me goosebumps!

DawnTreader said...

I think like that too sometimes - I already have a picture of that... But really every flower is unique and even every photo of one and the same flower is unique, with changes in the light and perspective etc.

It's a beautiful song. I recognized it and had to check it up... It's not originally from Shrek. It's by Leonard Cohen from 1984. His version (or one of them) is on YouTube too - here

Argent said...

This was a delightful entry. I've loved the song for ages (I first heard it on Shrek but had to track it down). There are afew different versions of the words too. It's not an easy one to sing, but done right, it's thrilling.

George said...

It should come as no surprise that I think you can never have enough pictures of flowers. They change so much with the time of day, the weather and the number of days the blossom has been open.
Thanks for the sunshine and hallelujahs.

Beverly said...

What a lovely post! A single hibiscus is probably my favorite flower.

His creation truly praises Him...and if we don't, the rocks will cry out. Hallelujah!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Why SHOULD I be surprised by now???? Halleujah is one of my and Phil's favorite songs. But I have the C.D. by the man who wrote it, Leonard Cohen!! He is over 70, is Jewish and has written some of the most beautiful songs, I have many of his C.D.'s. He is very well known in the music industry, and other writers worship him. He used to be a monk, is far, far from one now. For a bit of clever whimsy and a pretty song, listen to "I'm Your Man". We love it. You can probably find it somewhere on YouTube. Also "Dance Me To The End Of Love" is pretty. I have the words to Halleujah all ready to post on my blog!! Now to the Hibiscus, wow what a cool surprise to see it smiling at me real big on your header along with your snappy graphic!! But if you've had one of these in a folder so long, why haven't you posted it before??? SO lovely, and the color and size, I don't think I've ever seen one. It does look so exotic.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Sandra, I love that song also. I heard it sung during the winter Olympics in Canada. VERY powerful.

I used to watch Idol --but quit after getting disgusted with some of the horrible talent. My son watches it and said that this year was WEAK overall -compared to previous years. They will miss Simon next year --and I don't think I would like Ellen in that role.

Beautiful flower.... AND-your pineapple is doing GREAT.
Hugs,
Betsy

Kilauea Poetry said...

I'm moderating via my phone so can't say much about the music..will try to look that up later. I think these are just the most beautiful captures! Lighting is so important and this is magnificant!! Hibiscus like the ocean- I don't take often enough (but I only have one wild hibiscus)..yesterday I caught some in this kind of lighting, though they came out more abstract. You must of been jazzed over these!!

SquirrelQueen said...

It is a beautiful song, I remember hearing it before Shrek and Idol but I'm not sure where. I haven't watched every episode of Idol this year but I did catch Lee's version of this song, it was great.

I do the same thing when I find an especially pretty flower. I can take dozens of shots of the same bloom.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Leonard Cohen from Montreal, Canada is the composer of the song sung by Lee. This week will be the big one. Lee or Crystal? And I like your blog!! Laptop is a great tool since it is mobile.

Unknown said...

These are some of the most beautiful hibiscus photos I have ever seen. Great job!

I love that song. It has been recorded by many artists over time. My favourite is the version by KD Lang.

Have a wonderful day!