Sunday, May 23, 2010

Life Quotes

As I was leaving the facility where I volunteer, the florist delivered cut flowers and since I carry my coolpix in my pocket today's post was born
Life is like a hot bath. It feels good while you’re in it, but the longer you stay in, the more wrinkled you get.

Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
Love the moment. Flowers grow out of dark moments. Therefore, each moment is vital. It affects the whole. Life is a succession of such moments and to live each, is to succeed.

For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape, give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.
Source: Song of Solomon (ch. II, v. 11-12)

7 comments:

RoeH said...

Oh wow...who got the flowers! I want to work where you do. Seriously, I love the smell of flowers. My sister owned a mortuary up in Idaho until she died and I would go up there and help with oddjobs sometimes. I love it. There were always flowers there and they always smelled so wonderful. I hope Heaven is like that. :)

Beverly said...

The flowers are lovely, and so are the quotes. I love that passage of Scripture.

Dawning Inspiration said...

You know I love a good quote!!! Pretty flowers, too! Bet they brightened up a bunch of peoples day!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful cut flowers, Sandra... You were in the right place at the right time to get the pictures!!!!

Cute quotes also... Love the one about the wrinkles... SO TRUE.

Hugs,
Betsy

Kilauea Poetry said...

"Flowers grow out of dark moments- each moment is vital.."-so true huh! Enjoyed your quotes and these flowers! I looked outside and noticed so many new flowers blossoming this past week! Anyway, these are pretty.
(I left a comment late last night- so terrific to have your prospectiv)e- thank you!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I LOVE this insightful post!! That blue and yellow flower is so stunning, it seems like an Iris, but isn't shaped quite right. And how I just ADORE the quote about flowers having to start in the dark! These quotes are the best!! Sisters again! I took pics of flowers I found in church Wednesday night. Planning to post them. I, also, put many pieces of bubble gum in my mouth (only Double Bubble, my fave at the time) and I blew huge head sized bubbles. I may try again, hope it doesn't work out as badly as the Hula Hoop!!

SquirrelQueen said...

What a gorgeous bouquet, the yellow and blue together is stunning. That one iris really makes the arrangement pop.