Monday, February 22, 2016

Back Yard...the Moon and the Sun


When I hover over the moon pic, it says  6:19 AM... since it is still dark at that time I knew the time on the Nikon was off by more than a bit....I hovered over the the sun on the green leaf and it was also not the 10 am I took the photo.

 

Both were taken with the Nikon P610 purchased 5 months ago. Seems I never set the time and now I know why.... it took a good 5 minutes of poking and prodding to even find the date and time set in the menu. I found one that said set time with Satellite.. What? How do I find it? the thing would not let me go there any way. I spent 15 minutes with the camera just setting the time.

I did find the Nikon will connect to internet, publish on FB or other sites, connect to satelite, put locations on photos. blah blah blah.... to use all this I have to connect to wi-fi, set up a password IN MY CAMERA...

 I finally found the place for old ladies who don't want to set up passwords or publish from camera on internet and "I Set the Blinking Time"....

ALL this because I wanted to know what time I took the photo. ahhhhhhh technology


Which brings to mind the JOYOUS day last week that we took our His and Her remotes (both to same big screen TV)  to our cable provider to exchange for remotes that both stopped working at the same time. NO it was not the battery... we wore the little round wheely thingy out and it would not go left or right without HOPPING and causing us to pick the wrong channel to watch or record on DVR.

Quick Set up Instructions it said.. Aim at TV and turn on this button first, that button second. pick the number of your TV set. Remote will program itself. HA. HA HA


What number? where is the number? there were instructions to find the number. We found the number.

OURS was not in the pick list. OF COURSE IT WASN'T. never fear, there are instructions if your number is not in the pick list

Follow these 5 steps, we went through those 5 steps over and over and over. me reading him pushing buttons.. we finally got his remote, the one with the big glowing numbers on it programmed, and you would think the second one would be easy. NOT... same thing the second time.
 (odd thing is, bob doesn't wear glasses and I am blind without mine, but he likes the big number and I prefer the little) go figure

this is no lie..... It took Two of Us Old Guys one hour and 20 minutes to program the two remotes. I will not put the conversation here because it would burn your ears. think Loud and Long..I knew how long because when I looked at the time we had missed our NOON LUNCH... But both remotes are working and working WELL... I dread the day we buy another TV....

20 comments:

Linda said...

Hahahahahha!!! TWO remotes??? One for each of you??? I truly do not believe I have ever heard of this before! You guys are so much fun!!!

Ann said...

We have two remotes also but ours are to two different tv's in two different rooms. We rarely watch tv together since we don't like the same things.
As much as I love electronic gadgets and all the modern technology, I find some of it very hard to understand and figure out.

My Mind's Eye said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT MOON SHOT IS GORGEOUS!!
I MUST APOLOGIZE BUT I AM LOLING AT THE REMOTE STORY. FIRST YOU HAVE TWO JUST ALIKE FOR THE SAME TV. DO YOU OFTEN HAVE DUELING REMOTES.
I TOO HATE PROGRAMMING THEM; HOWEVER, THE LAST ONE I GOT PICKED UP FROM TWC WAS ALREADY PROGRAMMED
HUGS CECILIA

crafty cat corner said...

2 remotes sounds like a good idea to me. Tom is so slow when changing over channels or taking the sound down, either that or he loses the thing, I like this idea.
Briony
x

Anonymous said...

Love that Moon shot!

eileeninmd said...

Love the moon shot, Sandra! We have two remotes and two tv's hooked up to our satelite dish. I am not sure if we ever programmed the remote. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Sometimes I really think we have waaaaayyyyy too much technology!!

Love the moon shot, no matter what time it was taken!

Gail said...

I REALLY understand.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It is a known fact that I don't like change. We have two remotes that need to be exchanged and I don't want to do it. Since you now know what to do you want to come here and program ours???? I do love your two photos.....

DeniseinVA said...

I have never programmed our remote, I think I know why now, lol. Your moon shot is fantastic!

Rose said...

LOLing here! Oh, boy, I have wondered about when/if our remotes quit working. I don't even want to think about it.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Great moon shot and funny remote story.Technology is great when all works well,but it is the one thing that frustrates more often than I care to admit.

Marie said...

love the moon pic! Just the other day Kyle commented about liking seeing the moon in the daytime.
We have one remote and sometimes disagree on which shows to record. I'm trying get him hooked on hgtv. lol

TexWisGirl said...

oh, my...

Suburban Girl said...

Great moon pic. I had a camera that WOULD NOT set the correct time. It was always 12 hours off no matter what I did. It drove me crazy.

Lois said...

Beautiful pictures! As for the technology stuff, I can relate.

Ida said...

Oh yes the joys (ha ha) of Technology. - I can so relate!

photowannabe said...

You two sound like my Hubby and i. I often say it takes both of us to have ONE relatively working brain...
Why do the simple things have to be so dang difficult????

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Really like your moon shot, Sandra.I think that there is a date setting on my digital camera, but never bother to use it and instead have it turned off. We have only 1 remote for each TV and the only controls I ever use are the up/down channels and volume and on/off and the last one is what I use the most days.

Mevely317 said...

Just last week I thought Remote Control challenges belonged to others. Then, last night hubby was on the phone with Cox customer service (not!) for the better part of an hour - trying to get the closed captioning to go away. Finally, the CSR suggested she send a tech out to give us a tutorial "for a nominal fee." I'd better not tell ya what DH replied!