Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Ringling, Beth Lipman Glass Sideboard

Beth Lipman, Sideboard with Blue China, 2013, 111" x 300" x 22", glass, wood, paint, adhesive, light Image
The sideboard above was part of a glass collection, Precarious Possessions by Artist Beth Lipman, follow the pink link to see her beautiful work. She lives in WI
Some of you know me well and how much I love sparkling glass. This sideboard captured my heart


The part I loved most were the flowers on the walls and would love to have them in my glass nook.



As I snapped around and under and through the group of people in front of it, one of the women pointed out to me, the whole display was made of human body parts.  She said she knew because the last time a docent told her. There was no name, no artist, no time listed with this

I found the info on The Ringling Site and To listen to a video of Beth explaining the sculptures, Click HERE...

If you view the video you will understand the parts you see below are representative of the game the male of the house would carve on the sideboard.


Intestines and stomach

Heart
Lung

18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I just could not see the body parts, so I am really glad you showed us!! She is a very deep thinker, like with the crib and cradle idea. The glass is gorgeous, it even has beautiful shadows. I cannot imagine how long it took her to make this sideboard. It looks massive, and I can;t imagine how it was transported, because of all the glass and heaviness.

Karen said...

Fascinating! Think of the hours spent on each piece.

Ann said...

WOW simply amazing and how fascinating too. I like the flowers on the wall also and the branches up at the top

Anonymous said...

Incredible!

Lois said...

I never would have seen the body parts had you not pointed them out. What an interesting piece. I love those flowers on the wall!

My Mind's Eye said...

Sandra I am nearly speechless with these breathtaking glass photos.
Can you imagine being the one in charge of keeping them sparkling?
What beautiful work.
Oh there was a House Hunters last night out of your city. I think I saw a few familiar sights when they whizzed through the downtown area
Hugs Cecilia

Cranberry Morning said...

Incredible! I looked at her work and i think a couple others would be my favorites, but probably not as fascinating as this. Glad you included the video interview.

Rose said...

I would love to see this in person...and I would love to see her as she does her work....it is amazing.

Linda said...

This was totally amazing!!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

OH MY!!! I think those body parts need twinkle lights! What a gorgeous sideboard and I could spend hours just watching the lights playing off of the glass..no matter what the actual cut piece was :-)

Hootin Anni said...

Oh ... you had me going for an instant...I thought REAL human parts. Wbew!! Beautiful work.

DeniseinVA said...

That is a fascinating work of art. I love the glass designs on the walls, unusual and yet beautiful. Body parts were interesting too. This must have been a fascinating museum.

Pam said...

Oh my goodness....I love that. So beautiful.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is as fascinating as it is beautiful.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is spectacular! I don't remember seeing that one.

Carolann said...

I love the glass goodies I call them. Something about glass ornaments. My friend she got a glass reindeer ornament last year with our Secret Santa party in my apt .
So I hope the person who got her as we don't know who the person is that gives us a present. I hope she picks my name

Love all of these.

Ida said...

The glass piece is stunning. However body parts...ick!

Ohmydearests said...

Exquisite! A masterpiece.