Monday, November 6, 2017

The Ringling Courtyard


Lola and I stepped through these doors into the courtyard and there he was in the middle


of my favorite outdoor space in the 66 acres, is the courtyard of the Museum of Art. Stepping into the courtyard  center stage belongs to David, by Michelangelo Buonarroti Italian, 1475-1564 




This is a link to the 257 outdoor sculptures.  Chariot and Horses just one of many created by Chiurazzi Foundry.


Fountain of the Tortoises  Artist: Chiurazzi Foundry (Italian, founded 1870) 


The Capitoline Wolf that raised Romulus and Remus, winding steps to basement, now used as rest rooms and the base to a column... 

15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

My very favorite are the horses and chariots. They really look like they are running! So that makes it a very MOVING sculpture. Our neighborhood has a house with a David sculpture in the front yard. And they dress him in silly clothes all the time. Like bunny ears and an Easter basket at Easter time.

DeniseinVA said...

What a fantastic place! All those marvelous statues, incredible! Thanks for sharing Sandra, your photos are great.

diane b said...

Beautiful statues those artist were so clever.

Karen said...

Michelangelo's story and his work are fascinating to me. I'm glad you got to spend time there taking it all in!

My Mind's Eye said...

WoW I'm about speechless I had no idea the Museum had so many gorgeous things to see that are not even circus related
Hugs cecilia

Ann said...

What an amazing and fascinating place.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the sculptures are all beautiful. What a great place to visit. I had no idea, it was like this. The courtyard is lovely. Thanks for sharing your visit.

Happy Monday, enjoy your day!

Anonymous said...

Looks like perfect weather for your visit. Thanks for sharing all the beauty.

Linda said...

How cool is this? I had no idea this was there!

Rose said...

I will have to remember to look at these at home...I know this phone does not do your photos justice.

Suburban Girl said...

WHat a great place...and it looks sunny...and warm. Sigh.

Pam said...

WOW....I really love the turtles. Nice job!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

This museum will have to be on my "to see" places when we visit Florida on a future road trip.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I have some of those same photos. The courtyard is so pretty and I was especially fond of the turtle fountain.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What a gorgeous Courtyard. So many wonderful pieces of sculpture in a beautiful setting!