Sunday, October 28, 2018

Bray Bridge and Bob


TREES by Joyce Kilmer

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.


Bray Park Walkabout with Bob... he never knows when he is stalked by my camera. The poet did not mention Squirrels, but in this park there are hundreds, maybe thousands, and  otters and birds and coyotes and racoons, possums and snake and lizards... and much more. We love them all, trees and critters.



15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

There are so MANY trees! And I guess you cannot tell when the leaves are on, you can't see past the first ones. But with kind of bare branches, it really shows. How many of these critters have you seen? I have always loved this poem!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Thanks for bringing this poem back to mind!!! I envy you that park... YAM xx

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the trees, poem and the photos. The park sounds like my kind of place. Happy Sunday!

My Mind's Eye said...

Our B’s have to be stalked or they hide!
Hugs cecilia

My Mind's Eye said...

PS meant to say there is a National Park in NC mountains named Joyce Kilmer National Park. Many years ago we stayed at a B&B in Robbinsville NC so that we could take a hike in the parks.. I think the tress reach all they way to Heaven
Hugs c

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I've only ever know the first line of that poem. Wow, the trees are lovely in the park.

photowannabe said...

Thanks Sandra for posting the entire poem.
I don't think I have ever read the whole thing.
I love it and the meaning.
I guess I have got to go out and capture a few tree shots for my visual poem.

Ann Thompson said...

Haven't heard that poem in a long time. That park sure has it all.

Saimi said...

What a great poem and so perfect with you beautiful array of tree pictures. Looks like a lovely walk about critters and all!

Mevely317 said...

Your first photo may be my very favorite of yours! (So far, that is!) Is that YOUR shadow at the bottom left in Pix #2? The park where I walk on Thursdays is full of squirrels, too. I just want to sit down cross-legged and feed them all!

Inger said...

You have the best parks and trails and places to hang out in nature around where you live. Those trees are gorgeous and great that there's so much wildlife there too.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love those trees and walking under their leafy branches.

Chatty Crone said...

I had to memorize that poem - nice memory. Poor Bob has to be careful where ever he goes. That is a lot of trees!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Such a beautiful place to walk about!!!

KB said...

Those are truly beautiful trees! I love trees like you do, as well as all the wild critters!