Friday, December 14, 2018

TOPS Christmas Party


My son has created a monster, when he taught me to wave at my cell phone to take selfies. Sharon and I went to the rest room, together as women do, and I sat my cell on the counter and Taught Her How, or make that how NOT to take seflies. We had a fit of the giggles, as we tried to lift our knees high enough to see the leggings, and went back to the party. The odd square is the photo Sharon took when I said just say Kimchee while she was taking the pic of Me and David. She said it did not work. I said say it Smile, and we all DID...

did you notice it is Dec 13 party and we all have on sandals?

I said David, come take a photo of us in our black tops and Chrismtas leggings. Then Sharon took one of David and I. Then we asked Lisa to come get in the Leggins and Black tops photo. can you tell Why?????
the funny thing was, David took the above pic with my cell, and gave it back, I said take one with Lisa's and he did, it was 2 minutes apart. see below that we all three posed exactly the same way the second time...
Ginny asked what did we eat at the TOPS Take off pounds Sensibly Christmas Party. see below
We ate off a buffet, the crackers and rolls were all Healthy Ones, I can't remember the names. Each of us brought a LEGAL Dish. Yes way to much but we had to choose what we wanted and everyone skipped breakfast, it was a brunch. This is not all, there were several things I can't remember. Before you ask, this was not typical of what we eat. Our party was much like any other, fun food, not balanced diet we live on daily.

Chicken Salad on Rolls
Fruit Salad
Cheese and Cracker
Crunchmaster Crackers and Almond Butter
Brocoli Salad
Cheeseball and Crackers
Star Fruit
Fresh Pineapple
Fresh fruit tray
Diabetic Apple Pie with no sugar or Artificial sweetener
Vega Bite Cookies



18 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
All looking goooooood!!! YAM xx

DeniseinVA said...

You all look cute in those leggings. And the brunch sounds delicious. Timer shots are fun.

Ann said...

When I saw these pictures of facebook I wondered if it was planned that everyone would wear Christmas leggings and black shirts. :)
Glad you had a good time. All the food sounds great.
I told a couple people at work about taking the selfies with your hand and they had no idea you could do that either.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, these are fun photos from your TOPS Christmas party. Lovely ladies all in their leggings, black tops and sandals. The selfies are great, love the images. Enjoy your day!

Rose said...

Oh, looks like you had fun! It is good to get together with other people and away from the stresses at home.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How cute! I love those leggings! You're going to make me want to go shopping at W. again! heehee! Looks like you had FUN! Holiday hugs!

My Mind's Eye said...

What a fun TOPS!! I thought I heard giggling yesterday it was y'all.
Love the leggins and sandals in December. Your menu looked delicious.
Hugs Cecilia

Chatty Crone said...

Sandra I feel you have found your niche. I think I would love a group like that. The three of you were adorable and the food sounded super too!

crafty cat corner said...

YOu're looking good after the weight loss Sandra and black suits you.
Briony
x

Mevely317 said...

I can just imagine the bathroom giggles! Those moments shouldn't be reserved for junior high-schoolers … but I haven't any co-conspirators. Sigh ….

Thanks for sharing the menu. I, too, was curious.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Glad this is working for you.It is also good to see you have fun, thats so important.

photowannabe said...

It looks like a fun time at TOPS. You have done so well...so worth the struggle.
I'm afraid the parties I have gone to aren't so good for my weight.
Love your leggings . My legs would not do justice to that look.
Cold and dampish here today.
Waiting for our son to get here to pick up chairs and tables for the "family" Christmas party tomorrow night.
Here we go again with another party with so many tempting foods.
Have a great day and keep on waving that hand...love the photos.

photowannabe said...


Oops, I forgot to say that I got good results from my Diabetic blood work yesterday.
My new A1c numbers make me so happy.
Three months ago the # was good at 5.5 which is in normal range. Yesterday it was 5.4 I know that will make the Dr. happy.
Gloucose number three months ago was 111 which is now in the normal range. This time it's 108.....
Even if I am yo yo-ing on the scale I am doing the right things by limiting my fruit and flour intake.
Don't think I could have eaten much on the TOPS brunch table.
Just reporting in to my "mentor"...Sandra.

Inger said...

You know I had to come here and check you out! You look so good and like you are having such a good time. Love those leggings and the sandals. Wow!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your pictures are so cute and fun! You all wore the same thing! You have the skinniest legs of any of them. How many were there? Well, this is sure not party food, but it could have been worse. I'm glad you posted about it!

KB said...

It looks like you had SO much fun!!!!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What a fun party!! Love all the Christmas leggings...and I miss wearing sandals in December :-)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You are having so much fun with your phone! How awesome to have a party with healthy food. I'm planning a low carb Christmas here!