Friday, January 25, 2019

Final Friday Ficiton - January



I am going against the grain and Joining Final Friday Fiction with Yam Aunty today. Click HERE for the rules if you want to join in.. On the last Friday of the month, Take any book, go to page 87, pick a word or phrase from lines 8.12 and 16. Name the book, show the phrases and go for it.

Write no more than 500 words, mine is only 225
I chose Dr. Atkins Diet, as my book
and words 
line 8 I 'Il explain
line 12 I have never been proved wrong yet
line 16 will have stabilized

Bready Or Not!
I told Yam, I did not want to join FFF, Final Friday Fiction. I said I don't write well on demand.  I do NOT do well with being told what to do or what to write about. I really thought all of you deserve butter from me.

Yet here I am. I'll Explain

Yam said, why don't you try writing using puns, you do well with that. I wanted to say, you butter back off, pal, but decided to prove that I have never been proved wrong yet.

 Hello, my name is MadSnapper and I am a bread addict.  Bready or not here we go! First I'll explain, there is no such thing as a crumby bread pun.  Some of you may think I am going against the grain, which could be true since I do NOT come from the upper crust of society.
My plans for writing a story always seem to go a-rye, I just can't seem to get on a roll. My brain tells me before I start, that I am toast!

Then it occurred to me trying is the yeast I can do.
It is  past my breadtime, I am hoping my brain has stabilized enough to make this story not to stale to entertain.
Tell me now, did I prove I have never been proved wrong yet? Lettuce know peas. If not I'll explain.

10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have been suitable and amazingly entertained! After your nice bedtime story, I shall toddle off to bed. I LOVE bread, I would maybe miss it even more than sweets if I couldn't eat it. I lead a very crummy life, and like it that way.

Ann said...

I'm clapping wildly. You did superb.
I've never joined any of the memes out there because I don't do well on demand either. If I'm given a specific subject my brains tends to freeze up and refuse to come up with anything

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.... (wild applause!!!)

Brava brava, Sandra; you took up the challenge and totally owned it!!! I knew you could do it and, what is more, you made my tummy rumble as I think of the home-made bread I have waiting for my lunch!!!

Thank you so much for joining in. YAM xx

WFT Nobby said...

Love it!
Although to start with I was thinking you had not SPELT butter correctly....
Toodle pip!
Bertie.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I really enjoyed your pun fiction writing. You are good, well done!

Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

Rose said...

LOL! You done good!

My Mind's Eye said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY WORD MS WELCOME FFF. GIRL YOU TOTALLY 2000% NAILED THIS CHALLENGE. There is no way I could write a story with
puns. You have earned your official life title as Queen of Puns!!

Thanks to YaYa for giving you a every so gentle nudge. Keep up the good work!!
Clapping and stomping and standing ovation
Cecilia

DeniseinVA said...

Thoroughly entertaining and I also love bread in any shape or form :)

Mevely317 said...

You killed this!!! I certainly remember those free-writing exercises - and hated every one with a purple passion. I was a disciple of Dr. Atkins for decades; not sure what or how Keto has eclipsed him in popularity.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Wild clapping and cheering!!!

You did a great job Sandra, and had me in a fit of giggles!