Saturday, January 26, 2019

Dear Myra, here is my whistle


Dear Myra, here is my whistle
I am hoping this'll
go well with your hockey helmet.

Myra had a near miss with a tornado and a friend that lost family members in a tornado told her they purchased helmets for family members because they had head injuries.
Now she has TWO. I read this on her blog post HERE
I Replied to her, I will add them to my list. After our near miss with Hurricane Irma and my stay in the closet terrified, I saw a woman on the news, that was buried in debris and they found her because she was blowing a whistle 
We have 7 trees that can fall on our house.
to bury me

 Next day I bought a Whistle, here it is.
Myra what kind of whistle did you buy???

We are Sisters of the What If Clan. My other Sista Is Ginny of Let Your Light Shine.

Ginny, let us know if you add these two items to your shopping list.
We might be sistas of the Henny Penny clan.

PS to all who must know.
The whistle hangs in the bedroom on the hook with the leash, that hangs by the window in the bedroom. The leash is just in case of fire or serial killer in the living room, we can go out the window with the dog.
Before I lost weight, I was afraid I would not FIT OUT THE window and wanted to put a sledge hammer under the bed to break the window.
OF course the dog weighs 65 pounds and we are old, so I may have to build a movable ramp since neither of us could lift Big out the window.
With the leash we could lead him up the ramp.😊 Bob says if the house is on fire or a serial killer is in the living room HE will pick up the dog with no problem. HA
I mean who would build a house with all 3 doors to the outside in the living area with no doors in the bedrooms..

15 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Being prepared - beats not being prepared! YAM xx

Ginny Hartzler said...

Looks like the helmet is also a hockey mask. All the better, it will protect your face as well. I have a whistle that used to belong to my mom. She bought it after she was mugged. The mugger dragged her down the street as she hung onto her purse screaming, at almost 80. I need to dig it out and see...er...listen if it still works. All those trees that could fall on the house would really worry me. And all your doors to the outside are all in the same area? Do you have one of those pet stickers that tell the firemen you have a dog? You put it on the door or window. Not that they could read it in the fire, or the dark. But it does seem like you have everything covered!!

Ann said...

Sounds like you are well prepared for any emergency. My bedroom is upstairs so if I have to jump out a window I'm probably going to break a leg.

Hootin Anni said...

Now that is so true...since you mention it abiut doors. I have a whistle too...living in hurricane alley it's a necessity.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the whistle is a great idea. It is best to be prepared.
Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend.

Mevely317 said...

OMW, now I feel like a star! Well, me and Ginny that is. Proud to be a card-carrying member of the Henny Penny clan. :)

I didn't get my whistle just yet. Truth be told, I want to wait until Tom leaves for his Phoenix trip. (Can't stand the ridicule, hee-hee.) In all seriousness, have you tried blowing it around Big? I wonder if it doesn't hurt our babies ears?

My Mind's Eye said...

The whistle is an excellent idea. I have one that I got years ago when we took the Duck rides in Branson in 1999. It sounds like a duck on a drunk but maybe I should hang it somewhere. It is hidden from B because he blew it so much and scared and aggravated the living daylights out of me. with it.
Hugs Cecilia

Pam said...

Always great to have a plan. Having a whistle to blow like that is a great idea. Just hoping you never need to use it. Thank you for your sweet comment on the blog. Lily is a mess and she keeps these dogs hopping. Just this morning she hid in the tub when I was scrubbing the bathroom and jumped up to slap (play) with Chole. Then she jump out right on her back and kept going. Chole is not too sure about her!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is great advice. Let's hope you never have to use it!

Rose said...

I don't have a whistle, but I have fingers...I can give a whistle that way that is ear splitting. But would not be as easy as a whistle....

Linda said...

I’m going to buy me a whistle! I wanna be like YOU! I actually had a whistle hanging by the front door and I noticed at Christmas that it’s not there anymore. Not sure where I put it! It was shaped like a socker ball.

Chatty Crone said...

I am going to buy four whistles - but I don't understand the helmet exactly.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

My husband is an instructor for the local emergency management group here in Nashua and if anyone is prepared it's him. We also have "go" bags with some supplied in them and now I should add a whistle. I already have one and is hanging on a lanyard by the front door. Thanks for the advice, Sandra.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I wear a whistle when I hike now. I can blow it if I need help or loudly to scare off an animal. Now I see there are other uses. Sign me up for your club. I have my whistle...what else do I need? heehee!

DeniseinVA said...

I would say you are prepared. Good tips too. The last time we had a real bad weather threat I filled our bathtubs full of water. Hubby thought that was going a bridge too far and we didn't need it but at least we were prepared. Of course if the bathtubs had blown away....I have my dad's old police whistle handy and also a bobby's helmet that I bought through a catalogue when one of the county's were getting rid of them to go to the flat caps. It would do in a pinch :) (Yes I have bobby collectibles ;))