Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Construction Part 2


Thursday at 8 AM, this is what I saw out my living room window. I backed out and managed to go towards my Tops meeting with a minimum of trouble.



I came home to this, sitting in the drive way, I stopped and turned on my signal, the one on the ground, waved at the driver and he stopped digging while I squeezed in the driveway.
I stood watching and of course Snapping from the comfort of my living room and thinking OH MY WORD! Bob is coming home in about 10 minutes, and how will he get in with his truck, because as I watched he turned the backhoe so that it blocked the whole drive way.

I heard the garage door go up, which meant The Man Of The House was home and wanting in his driveway.  They backed that contraption out into the road and waited patiently for him to get in the garage, and brought it back in. I knew I was in for a treat and sure enough, The Lord of The Manor came in saying THEY better not brake that driveway, yada yada, lots of money, blah blah, and I said they will fix it if they break it, and the PHUN continued.   To Be Continued
PS... yes, we had to walk Big Boy through all of this and it went well... Just out past it and he paid it no mind at all. He wanted the workers to pet him, but they all looked at the Big Black Dog and did not try to...

15 comments:

Ann said...

I would probably be like Bob thinking that they better not break anything. I would think that if they are going to go onto someones property they should let them know first.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I hope nothing breaks. I am sure they would have to fix anything if it does happen. BB could look scary to people, but looks can be deceiving. Wishing you a happy day!

Julie said...

Uh oh, that's gonna be a pain...noise, dust and Peeps grumbling...all goes to disturbed naps *sigh*
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

Linda P said...

Glad Big Boy is coping with all your street work activity. It needs some patience when work is going on. Not easy. When we had new pavements and curbs constructed and road repairs done in our city neighbourhoods a couple of years ago there was a lot of noise. One day a pile of tarmac was dumped half way across our wide driveway. There was just enough room to get the car in and out. Have a good day Sandra.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I sure hope everything goes well...and they get 'er done!!! Sweet hugs, Diane

My Mind's Eye said...

cracking the driveway was my first thought too. Probably because we had to replace our entire driveway (due to a huge tree buckling it years ago).
I had no idea how much driveways cost until then. We could have almost bought a used car for the cost.

You might wanna document how your drive looks now....
Hugs Cecilia

Rose said...

How could they resist Big Dog? I could not! I bet it is as tiring on the workers as it is everyone else, don't you?

Mevely317 said...

Ha! Your Lord of the Manor sounds so much like Tom. I cringe every morning when the folks at Serve Pro show up.

Better they WONDER how ferocious Big is. (Not … that's momma and daddy's secret.) Unfortunately, our 'runt' Gracie has a conniption fit any time a leaf blows across her line of vision.

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is a good thing that B.B. is so laid back and well mannered!! And now it is really paying off. No one wanted to pet him? Shocking!!

photowannabe said...

I agree with Cecilia about really documenting the driveway.
That way all that heavy equipment will be accountable if something cracks or breaks.
Poor Bob...this is going to test his patience to the enth degree.
Glad BB isn't phased by the commotion.
Have a good rest of your day.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sounds to me like these workers are very mindful of th people they are working around.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Glad to see the construction workers are paying attention!

Chatty Crone said...

He is being a great protector!

Linda said...

So far so good!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh my, I'm glad you both were able to get into the driveway. I agree, they better not mess up your driveway!