Thursday, February 28, 2019

Construction part 3


They left us with this the same day. the one at the top is on our left, the one below is to the right.

We are the recipients of two on our property and 3 others on our neighbors. Our whole street has 7, five of which are with in site of our house.


The story here is this.... The 2 young men, using that backhoe to dig, said that staghorn is a beauty. I said it weighs about 150 pounds and we could not get it back in the tree, it has been on the ground for 2 years. He said, go get the chains and we will lift it up for you with the backhoe.

Alas! we had no rope or chains... I have been so pleased with how these workers treat us, I went to the web site and sent them a note of thanks.


Do you want to see what is in that hole???? I happened to have a photo of it.!!!! we are in a drought, but what oh what will happen IF IT RAINS?
IT"S NOT OVER yet! we have another year... I will never get bored...
I am off to my TOPS meeting and had no problem getting out of he driveway. More as it happens.


18 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

The guys were nice but what horrible holes! I hope no one misses those nets and falls in them.

Linda said...

Wow! Glad you don’t have small grandchildren playing around that hole! I love it when workers are sweet!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
On arriving at the father's place in Edinburgh yesterday, I had to negotiate a lot of such disruption on streets... so I know about holes! YAM xx

Ann said...

That was so nice of those workers. Maybe they will come back with chains to lift the staghorn for you.
I bet you'll be glad when they get those holes filled in though

Hootin Anni said...

Those pipes look like they need replacing. That is a huge fern!!

Julie said...

Oh I'd have to go straight down all those holes to investigate!!!!
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It is so nice to hear about these nice workers. I like your fern. It is good they have the holes roped off. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Cranberry Morning said...

Well this is an interesting trio of posts! Is staghorn a plant that lives in the tree? Up here, staghorn is the sumac bush that grows in the ditches. Didn't those guys have chains and/or ropes with them? But anyway, I'm glad they were so nice. I always appreciate that too and let them know. Good thing that hole is fenced off. That could be a very unhappy accident!

My Mind's Eye said...

Looks like they are digging to DownUNDER!! WoW that is deep.
Good for you writing their praises to their bosses.
Hugs Cecilia

photowannabe said...

Oh my, lots of holes and underground water.
Our area is full of underground springs too.
So glad things are getting repaired even though it's an inconvenience.
Those guys are true gems. I hope they are there through the whole process, for you.
Happy TOPS...
Glad I don't have to go today and have to admit I have failed this week.

Annsterw said...

Oh my!!! I am happy to have found your blog so I can continue along with the construction stories!!! I am now following - you can follow back if you wish at Annster's Domain

Ginny Hartzler said...

These guys are super, super nice!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I guess it is definitely time for them to repair the pipes! Glad that the men working on this have been so friendly to you.

Chatty Crone said...

So they are putting in all new underground pipes? Infrastructure?

Mevely317 said...

Unfortunately, I think it's human nature (to be) quick to complain … but very few make time to extend compliments. YAY, you!!!

Rose said...

It is wonderful to hear uplifting stories like this...and the way they have treated you has been good. We are sort of like you...if someone is here doing something for us, we offer them cokes, etc. Just treat them the way we would want to be treated.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those holes and piles of dirt may not be what you want to see, but in order to do the work, sometimes it has to get worse before it can get better.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Sounds like you are going to have an interesting year! So happy the workers are being so nice!!