Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Dohickey or Doomahickey?


This is my tote bag that contains most of my TOPS materials that go to Thursday Tops meetings each week. The keys are the keys to the five doors in the Church that allows us to meet in one of their rooms.

I have to unlock 5 and relock 5. If I lay the keys down I can't find them. I went to Crowder Brothers Ace Hardware to find something to hang them on the strap.

Stepping inside, I faced a man about my age, in a bright red vest, with a headset on. "May I help you find something" he said

I said "I want a thing I can hang on my strap to my tote bag to keep from losing my keys."

 He laughed and said "OH you need a 'doomahickey'."

I said "I was thinking more like a 'doohickey".

He said "no problem" and into his head set said "I need someone to show this lady where a "doomhickey' is.

The lady came laughing, I described what I needed and she led me to on of the above but it was HUGE, the kind you could climb on.

I said " a lot smaller that this." and she led me to a 2 inch small one like above, and said but for the same price we have a 3 inch"

I grabbed the 3 inch doomahickey and when I paid for it, The lady at the cash register said." OH it matches your wallet. "
And it does! Cool! and a really nice experience shopping for a doohickey/doomahickey or call it by its real name  "Carabiner"

trust me, next time I shop for one, I will be asking for a doohickey, I mean how do I even say this word, assuming I could remember it.
Tomorrow is my day off from blogging, see you all on Friday.... TOPS group will love my Carabiner

22 comments:

diane b said...

Never heard those funny names before. Carabiner yes. It is a great way to keep track of your keys.

Ann said...

I went in search of one of those for my store keys. I also could not remember the word and I think my shopping list said clip thingy. I found mine at Walmart. Now if I could just find one of those wallets like yours. I dropped mine and it's a bit broken. Plus the insides are kind of falling apart.

Hootin Anni said...

Ohhhh, a doohickey-whatchamacallit-thingamabob! I know just what you mean. A "D" ring thingie.

Hootin Anni said...

Ohhhh, a doohickey-whatchamacallit-thingamabob! I know just what you mean. A "D" ring thingie.

Rose said...

Who could do anything but love it! The color alone would grab your heart, but it does such a nice job, too.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I have heard of a doohickey. Your new key case is a pretty color.

have a happy day!

My Mind's Eye said...

Doomahickey that is a new one...
I say doohickey.

Too funny have fun at TOPS and I like your new tote
Hugs Cecilia

Gayle said...

And here I just thought it was key ring. That's what I call them but they do have many uses. As far as a catch all moniker that would be 'doohickey' in my neighborhood. (I would run from anything that had 'doom' as part of its name--haha.)

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

We are big fans of carabiner doohickeys here. They are good for scuba diving...dog leash securing and, of course, keys!

Linda said...

I thought it was a doomaflatchy! My sister, Deanie, actually gave me one of those for my keys! She gave me a really BIG one! You know what? I can’t find it! It’s pink and should be easy to spot. When I get home I’m going to do a new search!

Mevely317 said...

I love store clerks who speak our language! :) Wish I'd seen this before going to Wal-Mart this morning. My new fanny pack is just a couple hours old and already, I hate it.

Annsterw said...

My family says doohickey! LOL! Annster's Domain

Ginny Hartzler said...

Now I need to see your wallet, and see how it matches. Plus, not a bad idea to find out what kind of wallets all our followers have. What type and color. It also matches your fish keychain. I just knew this had a name, but I could not remember it either! You know, the reason we call things thingies and doohickies is because we can't remember their real names. Do you have to lead the meeting? And weigh people and boss them around?

DawnTreader said...

I've never heard/seen that word before at all...! :o

Inger said...

A hickey by another name! Enjoy your TOPS!

Cranberry Morning said...

Ok, I would never remember that either . Lol. So I'd just say, please get me one of those thingamabobs like Sandra bought. 😂😂

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad they were able to help you. That will work out great for you. I love my wallet thingy like yours. I got mine with Monet Flowers on it.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I'm famous for misplacing keys. And I'm also one who and anther lady have key to our T.O.P.S meeting.
Coffee is on

Betty Manousos said...

i have heard of a doohickey.
enjoy your day off. xoxo

photowannabe said...

Now that is customer service at it's finest.
Totally love your Doohickey...
I will write you a private message to fill you in on our lives for the next few days.
Happy Tops

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I say doohickey! Lol never heard of the other. Good for you taking a day off.....I take too many days off?? As I am busy or lazy 😁

DeniseinVA said...

Those things are useful and a nice experience buying it. Never heard the name carabiner before.