Saturday, May 11, 2019

GE what a surprise


I bought myself a surprise! My old range was 30 years old, still worked but the burners coils were not right. One did the outside only, the other did the inside only and one did nothing. Since I despise cooking and use the oven about 3 times a year I went bottom line. $700.00 was the price but on Scratch N Dent for 397.00.... woo hoo. all I needed was a 2 burner hot plate and almost put a sheet of plywood on top of the old stove and put a hot plate on top... Since I use the kitchen to take selfies of my self I would have been embarrassed for you to see that. I am Kind of Embarrassed to admit to scratch n dent shopping. but here I AM tell ALL.

I got the controls on the front and not the top because when Bob Cooks His Breakfast he gets Grease on everything. Think Bacon Fat on the controls. One thing I did not notice, is it has NO CLOCK. there are 3 others in the kitchen but I can't remember to LOOK at them. I keep staring at the top right corner of the BIG WHITE TOP that JUMPS out at me every time I walk in the kitchen.  The other one had a black glass door and black glass on the top... All White Glare! YAY

UPDATE after a ton of comments about gas cooking. this stove is Electric, which is all I have ever used except for a 3 months of horror burning everything I cooked on gas back in 1970.
the things that look like pilot lights are sensors to shut it down if I forget to leave it to long and it gets to hot.

16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is just what you need, and a good brand. I cannot get gas because I am so clumsy...no open flame for me! I think the electric is much safer.

Ann said...

For that kind of savings I would go with a scratch and dent model too. In most cases it's something so small that you wouldn't notice unless it was pointed out to you any way. So long as it is still in good working order who cares if it has a little scratch or dent in it somewhere.
I have a gas stove and haven't used electric since I left my fathers home when I first got married. Don't know if I would know how to cook on one anymore...lol

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

That is a great savings. Why not save money whenever you can. We only have electric here, unless we had a propane tank. Enjoy your day! Happy Mother's Day weekend!

Gayle said...

Funny you should mention it. We have the almost identical stove with the knobs on the top. You must have heard sigh yesterday week as I cleaned the grease off the knobs after the RG made bacon.
Moving a clock anywhere is always a mental challenge--haha Even though that little one is right here in front of me on the computer screen I always turn and look at the wall clock.

Hootin Anni said...

I do not buy anything natural gas. In our home, everything is electric. Long story...but, a short version is: Mom, my brother & I almost died because of gas poisoning.

Why not buy a scratch & dent? I would too.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari om
I lovexcooking with gas, much more responsive. I'm in the go for the bargain group! YAM xx

My Mind's Eye said...

Geee I love your new GE.
Scratch and dent(fyi: I don't see either) is kinda like a cake that falls apart....
IT DOES NOT EFFECT the efficiency or the taste of either.
The location of the knobs IS PERFECT too.
Hugs Cecilia

Mevely317 said...

This looks great! … Love the idea of knobs on the front, for exactly the same reasons. The auto shut-off is a great feature. (Have I ever mentioned I'm paranoid about fire?)
We've purchased 'scratch-and-dent' appliances in the past; and would have done so again were the home-warranty folks not so generous. Ha!

Rose said...

If it is what you want, be glad you found one for that price....

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hooray on the new range. To each his own. I've only cooked on gas except for when I'm at my dads. It's just a matter of getting use to it.

Linda said...

Good for you! We buy scratch and dent as often as possible. Saves us from having to put the first scratch or dent in it ourselves!
Louis Dean is always saying he wants appliances that just do what they are supposed to do instead of doing everything else including changing a baby’s diaper! Silly man! It’s hard to find appliances without lots of fancy knobs and extra settings. You did good! And I know how you love white!

photowannabe said...

Because of our many years of working at Sears...we always shopped the scratch and dent.
Dishwasher, fridge, washer and dryer..dents and scratches always hidden or didn't make any difference as no one saw them but me. Soooo much cheaper too.
You got a great deal.
I have always used gas and can't seem to get the hang of electric...
It's all what a person gets used to.
Good for you!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Who knows? Maybe a new stove will be just what you need to get a love for cooking.

Chatty Crone said...

It is beautiful.

So is Scratch and Dent a site?

Happy Mother's Day! ♥♥♥

Betty Manousos said...

good for you! that is a great savings. we only have electric in our home.

DeniseinVA said...

It's lovely and congrats on getting a new one. I have never cooked with gas. Nowhere we lived and we moved a lot of times in the navy, had gas, always electric. I know from professional chefs that they prefer gas to electric.