Monday, May 6, 2019

Murder in the Kitchen


Watermelon is IN in the state of Florida.  I walked in the door and said to Bob, You will have to get the watermelon out of the front seat, it weighs at least 20 lbs. When he brought it in he went straight to the scale and it was exactly 20 pounds. When I stabbed the knife in it, it was so ripe it made a loud POP and split right down the middle.


Starting now and the rest of the summer months, watermelons are all local grown and sweet, sweet, sweet on the taste buds. I cut it up and store in containers and we use it a few pieces at a time to hydrate. We eat one chunk before we walk and one or two when we come back. Big Boy Loves it so he does the same.

I am showing the label because I wanted you to see the number on it. I LOVE WALMART new scan your own purchases. they have a cute little thingy that I can use to scan the label without picking up the melon. I had to get help to get it out of the bottom of the box and into the basket but had to move from basket to front seat to bring it home.
PicMonkey has gone high-tech and I am still trying to conquer it. they removed the easy one click collage and added templates. I just did this to learn on. you can see I need more practice


P

16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The definition of summer here. O.K., do you mean scan all your purchases at the checkout? Or scan as you shop with the hand held device? I think you mean the scan as you go. Our grocery store has had it for many years, and that is what we do. But our W.M. has never had it. If yours does now, maybe ours won't be long. Every once in awhile at the checkout we will get audited. Just to check and make sure we scanned everything. if not, I guess we go to grocery jail...

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I L.O.V.E. WALLYMELON!!! YAM xx

Ann said...

YUM, watermelon. I love it but rarely buy a whole one because I can't eat it all myself before it goes to mush. The store I work at will cut them in half or even smaller pieces and that's how I buy mine. Of course there are none in the store yet. I did see some at Walmart the other day though. The one I go to the most doesn't have the hand held scanners yet. I don't know if I would like using them or not.

Rose said...

I think I could eat at least half of it!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The FL watermelons are so wonderful! My hubby eats some every morning...so many good vitamins in them! Hugs!

Chatty Crone said...

I have never heard of a watermelon popping open. It looked so delicious. We had that scanner here too - but it is gone on. Have a good day.

Mevely317 said...

I'm going to be on the lookout for Bruce's Best! Tom ADORES watermelon and likes to do the same thing, cutting and storing them for quick snacks. I don't know that he's ever given any to Macie or Grace to see if they like it. (He knows better than to offer any to me. HA!)

Hootin Anni said...

I love summer watermelons!!

photowannabe said...

Ummm, yummm...
Watermelons are so good.
Lots of sugar for me but a bit now and then won't hurt me too much.
This makes me feel like summer is really on its way.
Yesterday it was so pretty, warm and balmy...by last night heavy dark clouds to the East and thunder and lightning. We just got a spritz of rain for all the commotion but over Yosemite way they had flash floods and heavy hail...so much for spring.
Today it's gray and chilly...Whaaa...I want my warm back...

Inger said...

What gorgeous pictures, summer has come to Florida! Here it got cold again, but as soon as summer arrives, I will get some watermelon too. I know you will master the new PicMonkey stuff real fast.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Yummy! I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Texas Watermelons in my local stores.They are so sweet and refreshing.

Linda said...

I love love love watermelon!!!! We do the same thing - cut it up and store in containers. I need to buy one every week!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That watermelon looks so good, Sandra, and so ripe! It's one of our favorite summer fruits as well and we have been known to share a bowl in the evening, not just a couple of pieces. What restraint you both have!

peppylady (Dora) said...

It been a while since I had watermelon. I know local lady here dries her in dehydrator,
Coffee is on

DeniseinVA said...

Love watermelon. These pictures have added them to my grocery list. Your collage pic looks great but I know you will enjoy practicing.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Looks delicious...enjoy! We have been enjoying some awesome sweet corn, six ears for $1. That was one big watermelon!