Sunday, May 5, 2019

Staghorn is UP again


The Staghorn is UP again! It fell in 2013, 2014 and the last time was January 25th, 2015.

  This time it was On The Ground for 4 years. .... The Man Hung it when I was not looking.

After 4 years on the ground it is hanging high and Bob is still alive and unbroken. if you want to scroll through the pictures I have taken since 2009 click HERE..... in past years the hanging of it included holding ladders, me screaming, hissy fits by ME etc etc.

When I asked how he did it alone, the answer was I used the come along.....My question is. If he could hang it up, why did he wait 4 years. His answer was  I thought chain it hangs on was broken, it was not. Makes no sense to me.


16 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Worry not the how, appreciate the done! YAM xx

DawnTreader said...

I had no idea what a come along is. So I googled it, and ended up watching a long mansplaining demonstration video (five minutes). This had me laughing out loud, because I still did not understand... I hope for your sake and for Bob's that the plant stays up, though!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It looks like a heavy plant to hang. Kudos to Bob for getting the plant back up. It looks great. Enjoy your day!

Gayle said...

With its history my advice is 'don't stand under it'. haha
P.S. It looks great!

Rose said...

At least he thought to check and could think how to do it...believe me, that is wonderful that he can still function that much.

Mevely317 said...

Like Dawn, I had no idea WHAT a come along was. (Still not sure I get it, but as long as Bob does, that's good.) It really looks like something primeval. What a shame y'all can't claim it as a dependent on your tax return!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Impressive.

God bless.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good grief, doesn't it weigh about 100 pounds. It looks really nice up there again, though. I'm glad he finally discovered the chain was not broken.

crafty cat corner said...

What a beautiful plant, we don't have them over here.
Briony
x

Ruth Hiebert said...

Well,it is up and looks good.

Ann said...

It's looking good hanging there. Lets hope it stays up there for a good long time

peppylady (Dora) said...

Now you remind me I need to get some geraniums.

DeniseinVA said...

Staghorn plants are always amazing to me. I remember seeing them when we were down in Florida. Yours is an impressive size. Smiling at the conversation you had with Bob, I think I can relate.

Pam said...

Okay...not a plant we have here in TN. Neat looking.

Just Mags said...

And it looks very nice up again....kudos to Bob for getting it done. It is one of the most interesting and pretty plants I have ever seen. Hugs sweet Sandra.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It is absolutely gorgeous. How nice of him to hang it. I've always enjoyed seeing picture of your Staghorn.