Monday, August 12, 2019

MadSnapper Saturday TALE



Our Saturday is always a busy one, we do the floors, I go to WM for weekly supplies while the sheets from the bed are drying, they go in the washer at 5 AM when we get up. In the dryer before I back out of the garage.  Bob takes Big for his walk and watches TV..

This Saturday started early, I woke to the sound of a KNOCK! Knock! Knock! 3 times and thought what NOW?  I eased down the hall just in case the serial killer was already in the house trying to wake me up in order to get me to creep walk down the hall. 😜

The noise was coming from the kitchen, not the front door.

Imagine my surprise as I rounded the corner into the living room and it was the coffee maker that had been on The List for a vinegar cleanse for a week.

The racket would raise the dead, but of course Bob with hearing aids out would

A. not know if it was a serial killer. B. not hear the knocking noise and C. would not care either way.

 Said list was:
Run Vinegar through pot...  (not necessary to write which pot, but that might change soon)
Sheets Back on Bed
Boil Big's Weekly supply of eggs (he gets one a day)

As I put away the last of the supplies  I added to the list, Slice Strawberries, Chop Pineapple, Wash Grapes

Poured my last cup of coffee to clear the pot, added the vinegar and as the smell wafted through the house, causing the coffee to taste like vinegar, I put the eggs on to boil, started to hit the computer for emails and realized I am not allowed to leave the kitchen while the stove on... (not that I have ever boiled the water out of the eggs)


Deciding to do the kitchen list first while eggs boiled, I used the sprayer to clean the strawberries and grapes and suddenly smelled  KEROSENE....   to be continued


17 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
...aaaaarrrghhh CLIFFHANGER!!! YAM xx

Hootin Anni said...

Now who would put kerosene in the vinegar bottle?!

Ann said...

Oh the suspense. I can't imagine where the kerosene smell was coming from. I guess I'll munch on those strawberries and pineapple while I"m waiting

Small Kucing said...

I hope nothing goes kaboom :p

That's a lot of eggs.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Smell kerosene, that can't be good. The strawberries and pineapple look yummy! Wishing you a happy day!

Rose said...

I am about afraid to hear, but you are here to tell the tail, so know you survived the tale. I see label 'plumber' and it sure makes me wonder even more!

Mevely317 said...

Aaaargh! PLEASE tell me Michael-the-Plumber didn't leave a container of cleaning stuff (kerosene) under your sink and it burst? (Yep, my what-iffer is running circles.)

Particularly in the summer I start my laundry before dawn. Since we don't get company, more often than not I'll hang them in the sun room, close the door and let Mother Nature dry.

My Mind's Eye said...

OMDs I waited with baited fishy vinegar/kerosene breath for the finale!!.
The bowl of fruit looks yummy
Hugs
Cecilia

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am guessing you used the wrong sprayer! I love posts about people's normal life and routines!!! Cannot wait for the rest of the story. Don't know why, I just find it fascinating. So, had the coffee started making that noise because it needed the vinegar descaling? If it gets bad, it will do that? We just did ours. Our coffee maker just scrolls across the screen to tell us it needs vinegar. I could never do so many things at once! I used to be able to, but now I have to spread chores out through the week. So smart to make all those eggs once a week, I cannot think of clever things like that anymore. My neurologist recommended Plavix, & maybe I will take him up on that.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Uh....Oh....

photowannabe said...

Oh oh...what a cliff hanger...
You have quite a routine every week.
My routine has been completely shot to heck since Dave's surgery.
Everything seems to be in limbo...especially my brain....
things eventually get done but in such random order.
Today we are going out and treating ourselves to Chinese lunch with a gift card.
Hopefully things will keep looking up!
Can't wait to hear what the kerosene smell was all about.

LC said...

Talk about a cliffhanger! And right as you were wrapping up a to do list that wore me out just reading it. You go girl!

Ruth Hiebert said...

One thing is certain, there is never a dull moment at your house.

DeniseinVA said...

Very impressed with you being so organized. Off to read part 2 now.

Chatty Crone said...

I will say one thing - reading your list makes me tired. I got up at 6 this morning - my first time after the summer and my eyes are still burning! lol Wow you do your work early! Sandie

ClickNCamera said...

I love the way your mind works and your story telling. Serial killer, so funny! Can't wait to read part 2... enjoy your day.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh my!! I can't leave the kitchen when I boil eggs because I have boiled the water out and the eggs exploded.