Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Madsnapper or MADtechie?


Not only do I Madly Snap anything I see, I am always quiet MAD for anything Techie. I may change the name of the blog to MADtechie-snapper

Yesterday Post I told you I learned how to take a screen shot of my Android Cell Phone. See the little microphone below in red circle.

I tapped the Mike and said How do I take a screen shot with Android phone?  SHE said.... Hold down the power button and the sound down button at the same time.

I followed her instructions and the phone said CLICK and there was the photo of the screen. then I uploaded the screen shot to Google photos and in Blogger Post creation was able to grab it from there to this post... I had so much fun talking to my PHONE
the to-do list is still  laying on the counter as I type and I am now wondering why the work is not done. I took a couple of days off to work on the TO DO list here we are.

I tap the microphone and say  Set timer for 1 hour or how old is Clint Eastwood, cast of The Congressman, to find out who an actor is that we are watching and can't remember.

Like Apple users say Serie and ask a question, my LG I can say OK Google, or just tap the mike. I even tap and say Call home and it does.   I can say Call anyone in my contacts and it will...


A couple of years ago I organized the icons in the little circles for easy access. One of the things I used is that voice recorder the green line points to. On my brothers 71st Birthday, I tapped, IM, and tapped attach, picked voice recorder and sang Happy Birthday, and sent the instant message to him. He answered, How did you do that?    He has an iPhone, I have a cheap TracFone. I know how to use mine, he does not.... the reason I do know is I LOVE TECHIE STUFF.... Do you use the features on your phone? or do you just message and talk?   Do you Talk To Your Phone?

Background was a foggy morning at Emerson Point, Bob was holding a beat up blue plane in a parking lot at the park. I added the plain from a photo of his hand holding it over our pool to get a pic when it was new. Composed of 3 photos.

19 comments:

diane b said...

Its good for your brain to be learning this techie stuff. Yep I try to learn more stuff about my phone. The apps i love best are 'Find my Friends', where I can see where my daughters are any time. We love the synced calendar so Bill and I know what we are doing when, anywhere.Yep screen shot is the same with an iPhone .I set my alarm every night and I check the temperature every morning. Now my phone knows and asks me do you want to set the alarm when its bedtime and I just tap yes. In the morning it asks do you want to know the temp and I just click yes. The phones are getting more amazing everyday.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are amazing!! Yes, I talk to my phone. I say "Hey Google" and ask her lots of stuff. She either tells me the answer, or brings up a site with text abut it. We also use the phone GPS.

Gayle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hootin Anni said...

That LAST photo is just plain awesome Sandra!!!

I do a screen shot differently...just taking my palm & swiping from left to right. Simple ... and image captured.

Ann said...

I like techie stuff too but I think you are better at learning all the little hidden gems they hold. I do use the microphone to ask questions a lot. I use it frequently at work when we are talking and a question comes up that none of us know the answer to. I've never sent a voice recording in a text before. I'll have to try that one.
Your picture of Bob and his plane is great. You would never know that was 3 different pictures

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
For all that I am a 'geek' too, the one thing I have resisted is any telephone that makes out to be 'smart'; telephones are for calling and texting. Period. My pal Aitch has a thing in the corner of her room that she talks to and has it talk back to her.

I am not that desperate in life. Talking to myself has proven successful enough! YAM xx

eileeninmd said...

Hello

It is always good to learn new things. I like the photo of Bob. When it comes to techie stuff, I am way far behind you. Have a great day!

Rose said...

I am afraid I don't use all the stuff on my phone...I know how to use the mic and send a voice message, though, thanks to my granddaughter. LOL I don't talk to my phone....a lot of times because I am being quiet. I used to 'explore' anything I got techie, but now, not so much. But I still love it...

Linda P said...

Well done Sandra with your techie experimenting. It's only recently that I got an iPhone and find the functions useful but don't use it to take photos or talk to it. I like my digital camera. At the moment enjoying new TV and box that records programmes - learning all the benefits of that so not tied to real time TV 😊

My Mind's Eye said...

Bravo Bravo MS/Techie
I did not know any of this.. and I have the same phone you have. I must run downstairs get my phone and see what trouble I can get into.
Hugs Cecilia

Chatty Crone said...

I have to be honest - I know very little about my phone or the computer - I have it in my mind to do it - I just don't have the time right now - or that is my excuse. Sandie

Ruth Hiebert said...

I use many of the features on my iPhone, but still have room to learn more. Seems that there is never an end to learning, but that is good, it keeps my mind fresh.

photowannabe said...

You are awesome and a great teacher.
I have an Android too and use many of the features on it. Take lots of photos and do "ask Google" things too, especially spellings...I used to be so good but now...
I guess I need to check out the mic app and all you do with it.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I love how you are so tech savvy! They say learning something new everyday keeps a person young!!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the photo, Sandra. I'm trying to learn how to use some of the photo software my computer guy installed for me so yes, I do love techie stuff. In fact, I was just messing with my small laptop and made a few changes. And yes, I talk to Siri to get things done quickly...calls, text, calendars, notes, reminders...you name it. I don't use Cortana on my Windows though...do you?...:)jp

Mevely317 said...

Gosh, I'm the biggest techo-phobe in the history of EVER! Whenever I see an instruction manual, my stomach starts to clinch and my mind turns to mush.

BUT, I love talking to 'Google Girl' on my phone … usually to check the spelling of something I used to know perfectly well. Ha. I didn't know about getting a screen shot, so I'll be playing with that in a little while.

PS - So, I just asked 'Google Girl' for her name. She responded, "My name: your Google Assistant. My mission: to assist you. My favorite color: probably blue, but it changes sometimes."
Oh dear, Google Girl; I thought better of you. :(

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

No, I don't use most of the features that my iPhone is capable of and that really isn't such a problem. I know how to ask "Siri" questions and sometimes the answers are quite interesting.

DeniseinVA said...

These phones are amazing. I love that last photo! My favorite use of mine is the camera. And then the Art apps, and then I guess making a phone call, lol!

DawnTreader said...

I sometimes tap the mike for a google question but just as often I forget about that option - more used to writing.