Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Inactivity is the enemy -Yagottawanna


At 2:30 AM, Sunday, 12/29/2019, Bob got up, went down the hall, turned on the tree, plugged in the lights in the nook, and I heard him mumbling about the coffee pot not on, he went to the door and said Big, COME ON!
by that time I had stumbled into the kitchen and said You DO know it is only 2:30?

His eyebrows raised and he said I thought the clock said 3:30, which is his normal time to do the above. We went back to bed but I WAS UP! so was he. at 4:15 we got up. At 4:30 he cooked his breakfast, and I hit the desktop PC! To early for me to eat.

Since we had 3 hours until daylight, I did my exercise. Now I want to share how you can do a mile or more in you office or where ever you keep your computer.

First watch 1 mile walk,with Leslie Sansone HERE to learn the steps I use. These 4 basic steps can be done to any beat you like, your own personal music, or walk with Leslie.

Second on my list is Katie Kadan , Rolling in the deep from the TV Show The Voice. Sometimes I do her song 3 times in a row, which is almost a mile.

Third is I cool down to Believe, a duet sung by Adam Lambert and Katie, on The Voice.
I pick songs with a beat I like and do the steps.and I  try to do Leslie or 3 songs every other day.

I walk Big and Bob, then either walk a another mile OR do the video thing. I switch up each day.

Inactivity is the enemy of our bodies and brains. The thing is YOUGOTTAWANNA do the exercise thing. Can't walk or dance? Sit in a chair and use your arms and wave to the beat, I even sometimes pretend I am a conductor.  THINK NEW YEARS RESOLUTION

19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I like the 1 mile walk. May try it, thanks!!

Hootin Anni said...

Most important to stay active...any which way.

Ann said...

I have a Leslie Sansone DVD. I need to start doing that again. I'm getting way too lazy

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
You are so right - and I enjoy a good dance or 'chair pedal' to a boppy beat!!! Have a happy Hogmanay you two. See you on the other side. YAM xx

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I saved all the links, walking at home looks easy. Something different than my treadmill. The Believe song with Lambert and Katie was great!
I wish you all the best in 2020, a Happy & Healthy New Year!

Gayle said...

You go girls. I found Leslie in her early days. She's a local gal relatively speaking. She's located one county over from me. When my girlfriend owned a women's workout center and I worked for her part time and was checking out many different at home workouts available her workouts made the most sense. And the available choices just keeps growing. I really like the kick boxing.

My Mind's Eye said...

Well done loved the links!!
We just returned from a 57 min walk outside...but the sun was up
Motion is lotion to our joints
Hugs
Cecilia

Mevely317 said...

Timely post!
Isn't Katie amazing?! I'd not heard of Leslie Sansone before, but her video is perfect, particularly when it's raining … or dark … too hot/too cold (and the list goes on). My old (treadmill) play list used to feature Fleetwood Mac (Go Your Own Way) and the Seekers (Georgy Girl). Showing my age, or whaaaat?

I'm pretty positive the cardiologist is going to strongly suggest Tom start exercising. Of late, when he's not eating junk or sleeping he just sits staring at the TV 24/7. Leslie's 'no pressure approach should be a good way to begin, don't you think?

Rose said...

I need to do something...I really need to get in charge of something in my life...rather than work my life to suit everything else.

Chatty Crone said...

I am going back and copying your sites - you are a 100% right!
I borrowed this from Sandee:
☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ NEW YEAR ☆
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆ ♥♥♥

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Excellent point, we have to keep moving. Way to go!

photowannabe said...

I like the simple fact that this can be done in the house and still get the benefits of walking outside.
My new years resolution.
2:30 wake up call...man oh man, I have only been in bed for 2 hours!
Sue

Forsythia said...

Gonna try this. Thanks. Happy New Year.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Yes, there are lots of little things we can do to get in some exercise. Happy New Year.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

You are such an inspiration Sandra!!

Betty Manousos said...

i'm going to check out those links you've shared.
loved that "YOUGOTTAWANNA do the exercise thing".
agreed- living an active life is important to staying healthy. one of my top new year's resolutions is: exercise more.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love that you're sharing your routine! I hike just about every other day and on the days I'm at home, I do housework and shop so I'm active every day. It suits me and gives me something to look forward to as well. My neighbor walks every day...twice a day. Her motto....you rest, you rust! heeheehee!

DeniseinVA said...

Great post, I like that healthy routine and will enjoy the links. Thanks Sandra and again, a Happy New Year :)

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Ah yes movement is a must but the motivation is really tough. You sure are early risers. We are not in bed rill midnight and up around 8 and we do sit-ups erc right in bed before getting up.plank us a tough one to do and hold. And I need to diet this month. Too many carbs were had,