Friday, January 31, 2020

What Happens in Florida


Joining FFF (Final Friday Fiction) with Yamini and  with Nature Friday, with Rosy at LLB in Backyard.  All rolled into one post.

This is What happens in Florida if you take a potted plant that died and dump it in the corner of the fence, right behind a bush that hides the evidence of said dumping.

Many years ago, about 20, I think, my fellow team members at work sent me a live mixed plant garden. It had a few green leaves of pothos plant 1 small tiny tree thingy, ivy  and cut daisies.

 I, of the black thumb,  neglected to water it and soon it traveled over the leafy trail into plant never-never land, and turned quite brown. NOTE: I thought it was DEAD and it would be ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

I forgot I live in the tropics.




.


soon, the tiny vine covered the bush, the leaves grew to HUGE leaves, the vines climbed the fence, they traveled to the top of the oak tree.


They wandered up the fence, not just one fence but 3 fences..

The man of the house, with many angry kind words, chided the woman, who dumped the plant, that climbed the bush, that climbed 3 fences and he cut back the vines.

And cut back The Vines.

And Cut Back The Vines,  and on and on over the years. He has chopped for 20 years.

What happens in Florida, stays here and stays here and stays here.

The good news 😜 is, as you can see in the first few photos, the wandering vines are quite lovely as they travel around the yard in the sun headed for fence number 4.

Alas! The Man Is Not Impressed with the lovely vine traveling. But that is another story.

Todays Photos taken In January of 2020....by the MadSnapper, who Madly dumped the dead plant and tried to hide the evidence.


Joingin Final Friday Fiction with Yam-Aunty, click here for RULES if you want to join in.


Joining Nature Friday with the LLB Gang

15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Hilarious and almost unbelievable. LOVE the play on the old fairy tale limerick! Loved seeing it's progress in the pictures, too.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
YYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY a fabulous offering to the FFF fold!!! A proper 'beanstalk' story &*> I like this kind of vine and in OZ always had a couple around. Here, the have to stay as pot plants... YAM xx

Hootin Anni said...

Sounds like our passion fruit vine. But, it's not from me...the birds literally dumped it.

Stands to reason, yours was meant to be.

Ella said...

I don't like the climbing plants that I have no control over.
I call them "strangle plants". Except for roses ...

Ann said...

Well your black thumb did just fine with an outdoor plant. It just doesn't like working inside. That is amazing how huge it got

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I would like to see these big leaves and oak tree. It looks similar to a hanging house plant, I use to have. We have some invasive vines that want to take over our yard and neighborhood. Have a happy day!

DeniseinVA said...

I laughed at this story. The photos are great, so lush and green your garden of the dead plant ;)

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

LOL...What a marvelous story, and a beautiful "wild houseplant"!

Mevely317 said...

What a great tale about a trail gone wild! You are so creative!
Laughing out loud because last Saturday I grew tired/guilty of looking at 3 of our deceased (cause of death: neglect) ...and threw them into the big green can. It's pretty cold yet, but darn rainy. Maybe they'll come back to life feeding on all that rot at the landfill/city dump. (Yeeesch, right?)

My Mind's Eye said...

I say bravo you added beauty to the corner w/o even trying.
Who knew it would love living out of doors in the heat and humidity?
Hugs and what a great FFF today
Cecilia

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness that was amazing - I am a plant killer - wonder if I could have grown it? No doubt it.

photowannabe said...

Sandra, you are quite the story teller...love your Wild Tale.
Weeds seem to think they have rule of the place but our lawn guy makes pretty quick work of them.
Right now he is fertilizing our lawn and trimmed all the bushes.

All neat and tidy....

Hope all goes well with your appointment.

Sue

Rose said...

The plant that grew and grew and grew....one wonders where it would have been by now if the man of the house had not did the chopping.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is the kind of plant I have at times tried to grow indoors, without much luck, I might add. I used to have a green thumb, but it has turned brown.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The humidity is enough to keep them going. I like Pothos, I have two in the house.