Saturday, February 1, 2020

Selfie anyone?


Several of you commented on my post of selfies that  your selfies always come out bad.

Mine do to! I don't post them. My cell pics are scary, see above. You will never see one of my cell pics on a post EXCEPT today I used two to make a point.

Above same ME, Same Glasses. 
left  large one is outside in sunshine, Samsung Tablet.
top right Shade and tablet outside.
2nd down (shudder) without fluffing hair first, inside holding cell phone on short arms
3 is tablet inside kitchen
4 is cell inside kitchen .. you can see the difference.
iPhones do better but I am no blessed with one.
What matters most is The Light, and the direction it comes from.


Take it outside or in good light, take and delete, move around, take and delete, the light makes a difference, even stepping a foot to left or right, when you find your self and you are someone you like, THAT is where you take the photo.. face the light, put your back to the light. PLAY with it.

this is what I do....
1. always use my tablet
2. Bright sun
3. never inside unless in bright sun in front of glass door
4. no flash
5. Fluff Hair just before taking one. (makeup helps, he he)
remember this
6. only take a selfie when you are dressed and ready to go out (if you shop in your t-shirt and PJ bottoms, Just ignore step 6:

MOST IMPORTANT
7. Delete, delete and delete until you somewhat like what you see, while remembering you will NEVER love a picture of yourself).
This might take 20 photos. you may even have to recharge your battery to get one you like. 😁😁

8. Dont try a selfie by holding your Coolpix camera out YIKES!
9. Set tablet or cell or camera down and use remote (most cells/tablets take pics with hand signals)

I investigoogled to see if there were any different steps to improve selfies that I don't know. Here you go.

From the Internet per Google Search

5 Flawless Tips to Taking Your Best Selfie
Look up toward the camera. ...
Extend your head away from your neck. ... πŸ˜œπŸ˜‰
Instead of holding your phone in front of you, hold it to the side for a flawless angle.πŸ˜‚

Relax your mouth, and exhale, blowing air through your lips.🀦 (my favorite)

brahahaha ... I can't type for laughing. Please, check out the MODELS they used these tips on... HERE
                     REMEMBER, THIS MAY BE THE MOST IMPORTANT POST YOU HAVE EVER READ!!!!!!



17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

These internet selfie tips are hilarious, especially considering they used gorgeous models as examples! Of COURSE, they could be covered in DOG POOP and still look GOOD. Your tips are so much better for us mere mortals. My favorites are the first on the right and the big one. You have it down to a science.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
all very interesting. And not something you'll see from me any time soon!!! YAM xx

Hootin Anni said...

...most imporantly: be yourselfie!

Ella said...

I don't like the selfies ... I get a round head …
Have a great weekend!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

You look cute in your selfies. I do not like photos of myself..

Enjoy your day!

Ann said...

I have a bazillion and one selfies. Some good some horrible and some downright humiliating. So I checked the link and I see all I need to do is get cosmetic surgery and then follow those simple steps and I too can have flawless and beautiful selfies.

My Mind's Eye said...

LOL LOL

Relax your mouth, and exhale, blowing air through your lips.🀦 (my favorite too) followed by whistling Dixie with a mouth full of saltines
Hugs Cecilia

Anonymous said...

I hate taking selfies and having my pic taken PERIOD. However, some interesting tips, Sandra. Yours look great by the way...:)jp

Mevely317 said...

Actually, these are great ideas. I about spit out my coffee, however, at this line: Extend your head away from your neck. ... 😜. (ROFLAO)
Thank goodness for that 'delete' feature. Sometimes I forget my phone's set to 'mirror' and wow, what a scare. Good thing I quit taking myself too seriously when I turned 60. Come to think of it, I wish advertisers would use models that normal(?) people can identify with.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

L love them all. You are as real as you choose to be. I love that about you. My recent selfies show the scale has gone up and I seem to be in a who cares mode yet deep down I very much do care. Gotta get back on a better path with food and exercise.

Rose said...

Don't you get up looking like that?????? I do...in my dreams. hahahaha

photowannabe said...

I take terrible selfies too. My favorite word is DELETE...there's a whole lot of that going on...
You Sandra, are far superior to those Celebs that have so much cosmetic surgery..they couldn't really smile if they tried.
Purse your lips and blow...I guess pouty is in.
Looking up slightly is better than full straight on or a little below...who wants to look at my double chin or up my nostrils???

Chatty Crone said...

Haha - I don't have a table - hence in pics of Chatty!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Thanks for all the advice. I have taken one or two that were bearable. Some day I may try again.

Linda said...

I am going to use your suggestions!! I went to the link and laughed!! They are so young....

Saimi said...

Great post because it is hard to take selfies so I appreciate your advice and your beautiful self!
Have a great weekend!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thanks for the advice. I always delete, delete, delete! Have never found one that I liked.