Saturday, February 29, 2020

Pool Paramedics Re-Run from 2014




This is a repost from 2014....

I found this Zebra Long Wing butterfly floating in the pool the day after Christmas.

Pointing at the butterfly I said "Bob get that out for me" . he said "why, it’s dead."

 "Because I want it"  (can you guess why I wanted it?)



Bob can bend from the waist and scoop it out,  when he touched it it tried to fly, it was so cold, the water is 62 degrees right now. I was screaming IT'S ALIVE...

Bob  sat him gently on the wall in the sun and after about 10 minutes he beat his wings a few times and   lifted up and soared over the pool with me yelling "NO not over the pool", 

then he lifted up, up up to the pine tree and we were both saying flap harder. he made it to the needles and sat for a while and flew away. 

Below is just a few of the hundreds of drowning swimmers we have pulled from the pool.... 



beetle, toad, tiny frog, bee, lizard, ring neck snake, tree frog and dragon fly... all of these lived....

this makes both of us officially "POOL PARAMEDICS... "

15 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm glad it didn't go into the pool twice!

Ella said...

I am so afraid from toads, frogs... even if they are tiny... lizards ... snake's...If you want to kill me, you must force me to touch one of these! Then I will need the paramedics! 😅

Hootin Anni said...

If it were me ... That snake, I'd be called the pool exterminator. Well, not really...it'd be Bud with that title...or the shoveler-man, scooping it out & releasing it in the neighbor's yard. I'd be indoors 'til all is clear. I hate snakes.

But, for what you two did for all those ...good for you.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you for being a pool paramedic. Love the butterfly and all the critters. I am glad they all had happy endings. Have a great day!

DawnTreader said...

Tough job being a pool owner, it seems! ;)

Ann said...

And good paramedics you are too. Thankfully no mouth to mouth resuscitation was required. Especially on that beetle. He's one ugly bug.

photowannabe said...

You two are something else...Pool Paramedics..!!!
I love your compassion for every living thing.
On my way in half an hour for an early (for me) morning stay at friend Lynne's for an 8 hour stint while Karen has a workshop she has to attend for her work.
Prayers appreciated..this is a long one...so early and probably will add to the confusion. 6:15 AM until 1 or 2..maybe later...

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We saw some beautiful butterflies on our hike yesterday. I'm glad you are saving these to make the world more beautiful....well most of them anyway! lol Happy weekend!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
All creatures great and small... YAM xx

Mevely317 said...

I'd have loved to see/hear you two cheering that lil' butterfly! Thank you for sharing this story. You (and coffee) makes my heart happy. :)

My Mind's Eye said...

Well you and Bob would be my choice if I needed a pool Paramedic!!
Butter fly is gorgeous.
Hugs Cecilia

Pamela said...

I have been married 48 years!! Got married at age 20.

I am a retired a Retired Registered Nurse. My son an daughter in law live in Florida.

I always enjoy seeing butterflies.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Way to go. I am sure these critters thank you for an extended life.

Chatty Crone said...

When it comes to that snake - I am glad it was you and not me!

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are a critter angel! He is sure beautiful! I HAVE actually taken photos of dead insects!