Sunday, March 1, 2020

I got Nothing



I realized this morning, I had not created a post for today. I strained my brain and got NOTHING!
I decided show you my son's latest selfie he sent me on his 53rd birthday, on Feb 22.
He also sent me a picture from his distant past.
He once owned an ugly truck, with rusted holes in the bed and floor. 
He decided to paint it like a zebra.
One day while the truck was parked at his work place, a man stopped and asked if he wanted to sell the truck.
They dickered and the man gave him $3400.00 for the truck. 
The actual worth of the truck was about 500 dollars....the price paid for the truck is even more awesome because he is 53 now and the truck was when he was in his early 20's..
30 years later he is still Smiling


18 comments:

eileeninmd said...

He was lucky selling the truck. Great selfie of your son. I hope he had a very happy birthday.

Yamini MacLean said...

hari om
There you are. Post filled! YAM xx

My Mind's Eye said...

I love and always enjoy seeing photos of our friends handsome son!!
Hugs Cecilia

Mevely317 said...

What a cool paint job! That looks like something out of Disney's Jungle Adventure park. I'm way impressed at your son's white, perfect teeth -- he should be in a toothpaste commercial. :)

Anni said...

...and a perfect smile it is! I like these impromptu postings.

photowannabe said...

What an awesome story about your son...Good money for that Zebra...
You know Sandra...I got nothing this AM either...(:0)

DawnTreader said...

If he has gone on making deals like that he should be wealthy by now! ;)

Inger said...

Love that picture of your son. Love the truck story too.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Last night I commented on the butterfly post. It seemed like your post from today, but said Saturday. So how had I missed? I must have gone to bed before your post appeared, then when I got up forgot that I had not looked at it. Good to see your beautiful boy. He did a good job with the truck; I can see why someone wanted it.

Chatty Crone said...

Happy birthday to him. Wow - what a little paint will do for a truck!

Rose said...

I could use someone like him to sell some stuff...no, wait a minute...I have a son-in-law that is like that. It is just his time is full up. that is a great pic of your son.

CheerfulMonk said...

What a great story. I hope he had a happy birthday.

Ann said...

A deal like that is definitely worth smiling about.

peppylady (Dora) said...

The truck would fit well in North Idaho

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

If I made a deal like that I would definitely be smiling too. Hope your son has a great birthday year and I can see the family resemblance in his smile and yours, Sandra.

Linda said...

You had a LOT! Love his smile!

DeniseinVA said...

Your son has a lovely smile and I enjoyed that story about his zebra truck :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Great photo of your handsome son! I love the truck too, he really made it cute and special.