Sunday, March 22, 2020

Trivia Time



Day 6 of incarceration's shelter in place, my son Dan, FB messaged me 4 photos, see two above. He said Look what I got Mom, it's a McCoy 19, its frozen up but I LOVE IT! Show Bob.
As directed, I showed Bob. 

Torpedo 29
Bob said, tell him I will send him photos of MINE. I have 3. The last 3 pics are Bob's motors. I sent the pics to Dan and said, Thank you for a couple of hours of freedom. Bob went out in the garage, dug them out, cranked them up and I could play on the computer Alone.....

McCoy 19
My son and Bob are just as excited over these motors as I was when I got my tablet. Of course the leave me COLD, but free time is free time and it did give me blog fodder..

 Just so you know, these are gas powered motors for toy radio controlled planes and they are antiques from the 1950's. Bob used his to fly controlled line races, that means they were on control lines, not free flight like they are now. I skipped the instructions on how to free up the motor, but it did involve propane torches, so who knows. I do love Fire.

  NOW you Know! What will you do with all this trivia?  MYRA show Tom! Ginny show Phil 😁

Half A074

15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I had no IDEA what this was. So I showed the pictures to Phil, and he knew immediately what it is! I was impressed, so thank your son!

Saimi said...

Well there you go, I just learned something new! How fun for the boys to have a new toy!

Hootin Anni said...

The motors...eh. I don't need that. BUT...oh the free time, alone, with the computer? I'll take it!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

My hubby is not the type to work with his hands or motors. My hubby would not know what he was looking at. When he worked he was an accountant/auditor. My free time is walking, cooking, computer and my kindle for reading. Enjoy your day!

Ann said...

Well hooray for your son sending something that will keep Bob occupied and hooray for you getting time alone and blog fodder. I bet Wade would probably have known what those were.

My Mind's Eye said...

WooHoo what proud Mom or wife could resist the
REAL McCoy? In sons, husbands and radio controlled motors
Hugs Cecilia

Rose said...

Yes for free time!!!! I know what you mean...I do have it but there is other I don't have. Until this virus...I get to go shopping alone. Cause I would be negligent if I let him go in the store with me.

Mevely317 said...

Woo-hoo … thank you, Dan! A distraction's a distraction, right?
Yep, Tom knew what these were right away. (Geeze …) This RC business leaves me cold, too. But it could always be something worse -- like a giant pool table sitting in the middle of the living room.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Ah, now, you see... I'd be divided; loving time on the computer but also being rather keen on little engines... hey ho! YAM xx

Linda said...

I have a propane torch!!
Yeah, I send Louis Dean outside to play!
The other night he couldn't sleep and at 6:00 I noticed he was in his music room. What I didn't know then but discovered later was - he had been gardening! IN the house! Potting soil was tracked all over the hall. The hall I had just cleaned and vacuumed! I fussed at him and he said it was MY fault because he had to go through the house to get outside and bring in the potting soil since I was asleep in the bedroom. I guess the mess was made when he carried the peat pots OUT.....dropping dirt as he went!!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Boys and their toys at least gave you some computer time, so that was definitely a good thing, Sandra.And I would not have had ANY idea what you were showing without the explanation that followed. And, no I didn't need to know any more, thanks.

Chatty Crone said...

I should have asked my hubs. I was going to say something to do with a hose.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

I shared with Buddy. But neither of us like the word Fire for we still recall our horror of being stuck in one 12 years ago. I panic as soon as I smell smoke. He reacts to. We once watched people fly their tiny planes and engines could give quite a roar. Buddy is sensitive to noise.

DeniseinVA said...

We all have our passions. Yours is your tablet, mine is taking photos, lots and lots of photos :) It is very nice your son and Bob have this bond with theirs.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That was some very interesting trivia. It's nice that they have hobbies that excite them.