Sunday, April 19, 2020

I SO sick of ISO-lation


Continued from Friday Post, I started a poem and asked you to finish it. I did not link to the post because for some reason all the photos are showing a minus sign not photos.

 Wow! Good Job Guys

My days are longer,
yet I am not stronger.
I think of food,
wanting to elevate my mood…    Madsnapper

"Over my eyes I place a hood,
 to keep me on the right side of GOOD"    Cecilia

To elevate my mood,
I am waiting for the food,
I know I am not stronger,
And my days are very longer     Ella

The cake looks sweet
Even my urge can't be beat.
 The frosting I eat
As I watch the clocks & eat!     Hootin Annie

I blog, I eat, I eat, I blog
 My brain if living in a fog.       Ann

The fridge is so near
And I am here
Trapped inside with so much food
 Eating it all would help my mood!   Ginny

Waiting to elevate my mood.
But instead I'll focus on blogs and post,
distracting my mind from what I most.
I'll feast on others laughter and thoughts,
knowing when I'm done it will have hit the spot.   Saimi

My mood gets dour
As I wait for the meal-time hour...
What I eat doesn't seem to satisfy
Maybe I'll try a wee bit of pie...
Soon this too will pass
And I'll be back to the Weight Loss Class  Sue B

--wanting to elevate my mood.
The fridge is empty,
('Though the motor is humming),
Six more days until
Peapod's coming.       Cynthia

When the lockdown is lifted
My mood will get shifted   Debbie



17 comments:

Ella said...

Thank you that you introduce me in your favorites top! And I am ELLA my dear godmother! Hugs!

My Mind's Eye said...

Well one good thing about ISO-lation is we have all discovered out inner Poet.
Well done everyone
Hugs cecilia

My Mind's Eye said...

PS I love the first graphic...too funny

Rose said...

What a great poem...I never could settle down and think of anything to add

Mevely317 said...

Woo-hoo, ladies! Applauding from Alabama. I can identify with every one of these verses. What makes me happy? ...and makes me feel secure? Food! Of course, then I'm apt to fall into a caloric coma. Oh well, that's one hour closer to the world righting itself again.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
fabulous group effort there everyone!!! YAM xx

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, so many responded. And they all did great! FUN!

Linda said...

Loved all these!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

These are all great, they are fun.
I wish I had a way with words.
Enjoy your day!

photowannabe said...

This was so much fun. Everyone was and is so clever.
Perfect for this crazy time of Isolation.
Sue

Chatty Crone said...

It takes a village to write a poem too!

Ann said...

Love all the contributions. It made for an excellent poem

Inger said...

I love, love, love this. So many talented poets among you. Sorry I missed the challenge.

CheerfulMonk said...

Hurray for all the creative efforts! I'm still smiling as I write this.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Those are great!

DeniseinVA said...

Those were fun to read. I've had a glass of Prosecco, may brain isn't firing on all cylinders. I guess I could turn that into a post ;)

Or if you sing this to the tune of "I fought the law but the law won." you could sing,

"I fought the Prosecco and the Prosecco won." Oh dear, thank goodness there wasn't a second glass in the bottle!

The Happy Whisk said...

I don't have a poem to share but Happy Earth Day.