Saturday, April 11, 2020

Snip N Learn


If you have Windows 10, you have the Snipping Tool that I use daily, many times. I have used it to snip whatever I want to use. A few months ago I found the edit tool hidden in plain sight, it allows me to edit the snips, I took a snip of the below Walgreens ad and created the above edit.

Snipping Tool uses paint. I snipped, I colored, I added eyes and tongue and cut out Big boy and added him. also added the little cloud at the bottom right..

I made the snip of the ad because my son's wife has shingles. She went to Walgreens and had a live video call with a doctor, and he gave her a prescription.. Wow!

While creating this post, I snipped the entire post to show you how it works.
Below is a snip of the entire screen I was working on. If you enlarge you can see the box at top right that is the tool.
Type snipping tool in start menu at bottom of your computer, I pin mine to my task bar because I use it so much... when you tap, the box opens, go to mode, pick free form or square and then click new, drag your mouse over what you want a snip of. Save it as a jpeg and use like a photo.
see, I snipped Bigs face off my desktop...
After you snip, if you want to play in edit, the snip will have a little purple thingy at the top left, click on that and PLAY... Which is more amazing, snipping tool or the video doctor visit?

17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have been using the snipping tool quite a bit. It is on my task bar. In edit, it says you can insert a 3-D image, but I cannot find the images. I played around with the editing with this photo of Big. The ad that you made is super!!! You can have a virtual doctor visit in Walgreens?

CheerfulMonk said...

I have a mac mini, not a PC, so the video doctor would be of more use to me. Good luck to your daughter-in-law --- shingles can be nasty. I had it in my left eye a few years ago and luckily my eye doctor caught it in time.

Ella said...

The snipping tool is a "magic" tool!
May you feel the hope of new beginnings, love and happiness during this joyful Easter holiday.
Hugs!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Very neat! YAM xx

Hootin Anni said...

Cool!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The Snip is still hiding from me, lol. I did find the re-size tool.
I hope your DIL recovers quickly from the Shingles.
Happy Easter weekend!

Ann said...

I rarely use the snipping tool. I should do some playing around with it.
I hope your sons wife is better soon. I've heard shingles are horrible. It's pretty awesome that you can do video calls with doctors. A guy I work with had to go for an MRI on his knee and the follow up with the doctor was a video call.

Gayle said...

The snipping tool is great! I have Windows 7 and have been using 'Snippet' for a long time. But for some reason I never looked at the 'tools'. Thanks for pointing that out. I will be using them for sure now.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm amazed at it all. Times sure have changed and many of these have helped us through this terrible time. Take care today! Sweet hugs!

My Mind's Eye said...

Mad Snapper you are also a Mad Snipper
Woohoo
Hugs Cecilia

Mevely317 said...

Well, I'lllll be! (Said in her best Gomer Pyle imitation.) I'd no idea this snip thingie existed. I'll have to tell my inner critic to shut up and try that this afternoon. :)

That Walgreens feature is SO cool. Sure could've used that a few hours ago when I suspected the bagged lettuce I had for supper last evening might have been bad. (TMI?) The only thing, when I typed 'video doctor' in the search box it said they could not find a match. Then, I discovered it under the Find Care tab -- but ours (here) is $79. Still, that beats having to physically go into a medical building these days! Thanks for the good info!

Rose said...

You could get a job in an ad agency! I like yours better than theirs!

Chatty Crone said...

Girl - are you speaking English? lol I might look into that.
I hope you have a wonderful and blessed Easter.
Love, sandie

Cranberry Morning said...

You're incredible! I'll read this again when I'm at my computer, cuz I just got windows 10 after avoiding it all this time, and now my start menu thing is locked up. So frustrating.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Well, I feel dumb, I don't know what a snipping tool is!
I'll have to go searching now and figure it out.
Y'all stay safe and have a Happy Easter!

LC said...

Another skill in your repertoire! Awesome. And to me the more amazing of the technological wonders you noted in this post!

diane b said...

Looks like you are having fun while staying home staying safe.