Saturday, July 4, 2020

July 4th, 2020 year of the Covid-19

Repost from 2013
I am choosing to repost and old 4th of July Celebration because our headlines tell the story of chaos. These two came in my breaking news as I worked on this post.

Department of Homeland Security launches rapid deployment teams to federal monuments over July 4th weekend.......

South Dakota tribal leader joins call to remove Mount Rushmore ahead of Trump visit

NEED I SAY MORE?    Enjoy my blast from the past 


I filled the little pot with dirt and stood 2 sparklers in it.... they would NOT catch with a match, no matter how long I held it there or how many I struck.
I come inside and get the propane fire thrower that I use to light candles... OUT OF PROPANE


Bob says, don't you still have the 12 inch matches? Yes, she answers.... I take the box that has been in the kitchen drawer for more than 10 years outside, and they will NOT light on the side of the box.


Bob Says.... I have a lighter in the garage I use to light my torch... I get the lighter..... I walk outside....


I snap the lighter, the flame hits the Old Match, FLARED, Right on my finger.. OUCH! I scream. and another word I will not repeat here.


I left the un-lit sparklers in the pot and went inside. 2 days later I went to the dollar store and bought a propane flame thrower and when I went out the pot was full of water, it rained 2 inches that night.


I threw the wet nasty sparklers in the trash... and finally got ONE to burn... I still have 30 of these nasty dangerous little sparklers and Bob says I can't throw them in the trash..
All this for ONE post.... OY!
I had a little help from PicMoney

Have a safe and Happy 4th of July...




19 comments:

Linda said...

I loved the repeat from a brighter year.....
2020 has been pretty dark....

Ginny Hartzler said...

It was all worth it for me, I love the sparks!! AND I don't remember this post either, so as Linda would say, it's a WIN WIN.

CheerfulMonk said...

What a fun post! For us the Fourth is usually family time up on the land, because Kaitlin, Torben, and the pups come. Not this year, of course. :(

Betty Manousos said...

good morning, Sandra, happy 4th!
wonderful post! i love the sparks.

enjoy your day/weekend~

big hugs!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Great repost choice... oh for the spark of joy amidst the nonsense. I hope you and Bob and Big have a lovely day together. Huggies, YAM xx

Hootin Anni said...

I can't believe this about Mount Rushmore...I heard about it weeks ago. What the heck are people thinking? Love your repeat post. Love it!

Ann said...

All the things I've been reading about are making me crazier by the minute. I don't know what people are thinking.
I enjoyed your repeat from 2013. That sure was a lot of work to get a sparkler lit.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I think people are crazy now to gather in any large groups.. I wish you, Bob and BB.... a Happy and safe 4th of July!

crafty cat corner said...

Always good for a smile, I love this post.
Briony
x

Mevely317 said...

Great idea ... NO NEWS, fake or otherwise.
I love these pictures! In fact, I LOVE sparklers lots more than traditional fireworks. (Un-American sounding perhaps, but I just don't 'get' the big bangers.)
Happy Independence Day, Hangey family!

My Mind's Eye said...

Well MS to quote my B
the world has gone to hell in a handbasket. Everything causes a need for protest and unrest. There is enough unrest with the C19 on the rise again.
Thank you for the blast from the past.
Hugs cecilia

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Ahhhh...memories! It's fun to look back and think of all the funny things that have happened over the years. I was remembering when my cousin chased us with firecrackers. He was the only boy among a bunch of girl cousins and he loved teasing us. Happy 4th!

Rose said...

I love these pics...but laughing at what you had to do to get them.

photowannabe said...

Thans for a smile in the midst of all the craziness of our world.
I'll take the smile any day over what's going on.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Happy 4th of July to you.

Chatty Crone said...

Happy 4th of July! Yeah we live in America!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

This repost was fun and hope you will not repeat that sparkler burning and injure your hand. Happy 4th 🇺🇸to you and Bob! THanks for the comment on my holiday post, much appreciated.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Last night we watched a bit of White House celebration just curious to see what the man was up to.we saw tha parachutes and the smaller than usual crowd. Before that we learned how COVID is now spreading in large wav s where people were not afraid. Too bad leadership is so lame in many places. Very sad. Stay safe and keep me updated about Bob. Sending positive vibes.

DeniseinVA said...

Such neat sparkler photos and a fun story to read, but maybe not burning your hand. Strange times we're in eh? Bringing smiles to others like you do is good medicine for all of us. Thank you so much for that :)