Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Day off 3

 


One thing on the to do list was to put addresses in a new address book, the two I have are a mess. 
NOTE to self... use a pencil that can be erased this time.. 
Avoid Strikethrough

I removed things from the closet and thought to show you how creative I get with storage. This zipper bag had sheets in it. Now it protects my iron while on the shelf. the iron has been used maybe 5 times since 2006... But I have to keep it.

 I use a bag like this that had a comforter in it, to store lap throws and dog blankets. Keeps the dust off. and keeps them from falling off shelves. Up-Cycle if at all possible.

above is the E-cycle to be taken to the place that accepts electronics to be recycled. not shown is the tower and hard drive. when the computer died, the next day, the wireless keyboard/mouse died also. Just in time to be trash. 
 I found a place to take them by Google searching this sentence.... Electronic Recycle near me. 3 came up.  Note, thank you to Hootin Annie who found it is not illegal in Florida to trash these things, just strongly suggested to recycle.  thanks to further research I found a list on our city site that gives a long list of what can NOT be put in our recycle bin and I had to dig in it to remove the old glass coffee pot I tossed in it.. also found that any paper or cardboard that has had food in it is not recyclable. as in Pizza Boxes.

PS for all of you who are dying to ask what the red pillow is....
Bob had open heart By Pass surgery on Aug 23, 2007. The ICU heart unit gave hims this. It was signed by his nurses and the heart surgeon with the date of surgery.
It lives with the signatures turned down because the sun faded the ink to almost nothing.




20 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are very clever the way you re-use things! I always keep the blanket/sheet plastic cases too. I have an iron, too, and hardly ever use it. But once in awhile I really need it. Once after I had organized everything, I couldn't find where I had put the iron. I looked everywhere. I finally had to buy a new one. As soon as I did, I found the old one. This always works. And now I can't remember where I found the old one! Highly likely I won't be able to find either now.

CheerfulMonk said...

Good for you for getting so much done and for repurposing things. I’m still waiting for inspiration to hit me. 🙂

easyweimaraner said...

I bought 2 address books.. in 2019... they are still NIB... seems I should start now too LOL

Hootin Anni said...

On our recycle bins it is printed what is not accepted. It's good you found places that accept your electronics. I love the pillow.

I use the zippered bags to store also...even the pillow case bags (for food storage, like jello boxes, etc.)

Ann said...

I have 2 new address books sitting here waiting for me to do the same thing. I use one for addresses and one for internet passwords. Both are a mess.
Good idea with those bags.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Great ideas for storage. The zipper bags are big and hold a lot.
I need a new notebook for my phone contact numbers. If I loose my phone, I lose my phone numbers. Take care, have a great day!

Ella said...

Lucky me! I don't need an address book! I keep everything in my phone or in my laptop But I do keep the old address books! LOL
Hugs!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
oh yes, I'm another who has to reuse bags that have come as 'packaging'. I have yet to come up with a proper upcycle for bubblewrap though... YAM xx

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That big heart is good to keep! And you are very creative. I used my iron yesterday. lol But I don't use it nearly as much any more. Enjoy your day!

My Mind's Eye said...

Holy Moley you were a busy Mad SNapper
Hugs Cecilia

Breathtaking said...

Hello Sandra!:=) You have been busy! It's getting down to doing these things I find so difficult, tend to put off reorganizing stuff. Here in Portugal, the supermarkets usually have large containers for old or broken electronics just inside the entrance,...big enough for micro waves etc.

Mevely317 said...

Sweet pillow! I need something about that size to put between my knees when I sleep (on my side). Pretty sure I've an old address book like yours, except it's still empty on account of the spiral and me being left-handed. I really should toss it in the Goodwill box.
Now I'm off to look see if there's not one of those comforter-holder things in my closet!

Chatty Crone said...

I use those big plastic bags too! lol You have to save Bob's heart pillow. I have mine from my surgery - just feels good to know you survived!

Rose said...

Well, found out Terre Haute does have places to recylce electronics. I don't know why, sometimes I immediately think to google something and others it never crosses my mind.

Breathtaking said...

Thank you for your kindness my friend.( no need to post this) I just wanted you to know your touching comment was appreciated.

Inger said...

You have been working hard. It feels good, doesn't it to get stuff done? Our dump has a hazmat recycle on the first Saturday of each month. And I've noticed a bin at the dump for electronic trash. But then I have no trash pickup and must take everything to the dump.

DeniseinVA said...

You've been a busy bee :) All of a sudden last year our local refuse department stopped taking our plastic. I was not sure why all of a sudden they refused to pick it up. A new company had taken over and there were a lot of teething problems and a lot of complaints. I'm not motivated to do the same yet but at least you've planted the seed :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Like you, I try to reuse those large bags from sheets or quilts.

Martha said...

What I want to know is why this post just came up on my Blogger reader page at 8:30 tonight!! You are doing great with your clean out and reorganization! :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You've been busy. I need to do a new address book this year. I still haven't transferred my info from one calendar to another. Finally got antibiotics yesterday! Keep up the good work.