Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Sweet Tooth

 


I have had no sugar for 4 years ago. I still have a sweet tooth.
Homemade, sugar free, dark chocolate that is full of Potassium 

It is simple to make. 

Melt a bar of unsweetened, 100% Cacao in a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup
(use a double boiler if you know what it is and have one)

stir in 2 packages of your favorite sweetener, I use sweet n low

place a sheet of aluminum foil on a flat pan, dish whatever

pour small amounts in circles or pour one large flat piece and break after frozen

leave as is, or place raisins, walnut, or almonds in each piece.

freeze and when hard place pieces in a baggie.

 dark chocolate is healthy, raisins and nuts are healthy it is high in potassium and one piece a day helps with the desire for sweets.
I use this brand, but any dark chocolate unsweetned will work

This WOULD have been The End of This Post but some of you wanted ANSWERS to yesterday post about our neighbors house that burned

Yes, we can rebuild a home that burns down, using the same footprint that doesn't change setbacks.

a contractor friend that lives here said leaving at least one wall or in this case 3 walls is called re-modeling, all walls down is considered building a new home. New means more dollars and more permits. More Time

The house is 2 blocks from our house. The same people are rebuilding, they had been in the house less than a year. They are not as old as we are, I Don't know if anyone was hurt. Now you know what I know. (I did not include all this because I am so longwinded I was trying to shorten my posts and I have 7 days out on auto post and HAD to answer before i forgot)

SEE YOU MADE ME MAKE THIS POST LONGER....😋


21 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

FOUR YEARS!!!!! You need to eat this entire batch! I could never in a million years do this! But now you found a healthy way that you can, HURRAH!! Thanks for the answers, see how interested we all are in your posts? No post is too long if it answers all my questions. I posted my first double exposure today! At least it's not horrible.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
...that's serious 'remodelling'!!! Ta for that. I agree with Ginny... YAM xx

easyweimaraner said...

I would make one big batch to eat it all alone LOL

Jo said...

Wow Sandra, FOUR years! I gave up sugar for five days last week. I had a koeksister (a traditional SA treat which is ALL sugar and oil) on my birthday. I will try your recipe for dark choc and share with my members once I have made them myself. I am serving Chillie beef stir fry at group after the lecture today. I made it last night and will heat it in the church hall stove while I am giving my talk. Thanks for explaining the rebuilding. All the best to the owners. Jo

crafty cat corner said...

I'm not a lover of dark chocolate, I prefer the sinful stuff, lol
Briony
x

Ann said...

I don't seem to be able to go 4 days without sugar. This is a good idea though and I do love dark chocolate.

Ella said...

You deserve a compliment! No sugar for 4 years is a real achievement!
Thanks for the recipe!
Hugs!

Martha said...

Way to go! That's a great way to do it Sandra. I'm so glad I don't have a sweet tooth.

Betty Manousos said...

hi Sandra, that looks delicious! thank you for the healthy recipe. can't resist dark chocolate.

have a wonderful week ahead~ big hugs!

Mevely317 said...

I'm not fond of dark chocolate, but now that you mention the Sweet n' Low ..... (hmmm). Great idea!
Thanks for this update on the burned home!

My Mind's Eye said...

Dark Chocolate is a health food. LOL Good for bp
Yours looks very tasty
Hugs Cecilia

Chatty Crone said...

Now that looks so good!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I honestly don’t think I could last that long without sugar.,but good for you for doing it.,

Rose said...

I wish I had your will power! You have done so good with this. Thanks for the answers...we are all inquisitive I think.

photowannabe said...

My will power has gone out the window!!
I just can't seem to stop at one of anything..kudos to you and your stick -to -it -ness!
Dark chocolate is an acquired taste and I'm getting to like it more. Not my choice though.
Thanks for the fascinating info on the house building requirements. Seems there is always a loop hole to do things.
Sue

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Thank YOU for sharing that recipe...I'm going to try it TODAY...with almonds & raisins in some...jp

Unknown said...

Dark chocolate is definitely healthy as are raisins and nuts but please don't use sweet n low. That stuff is poison. Substitute stevia or monk fruit. Much healthier.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We will be giving up anything sweet or sweet treats for a few weeks, so this recipe sounds like one to try. Hopefully, it is delicious too.

CheerfulMonk said...

What a great idea! Thank you. 🙂👍

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thanks for the recipe!

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Surviving a house fire is tough. I know. We sold the property as is because we could not get any of 4 contractors to agree on the repairs needed which made us more anxious. We ended up in rental since then hut hope to move into our fully paid for place as soon as we are free from Covid restrictions. In the meantime we drive to it and use it just like a weekend retreat with very minimal furnishings. No TV but WiFi so we can watch from out Gadgets if we want to.