Monday, February 15, 2021

Text in my Techie World

 



In case you can't read the copy from my cell phone TEXT

Your Mom told me you were in hospital, I am praying for you, Love you!

You talked to Mary Lucille? 

I wish we could talk to her.
This is my valentine and Mary Lucille would love him to death.

Why do you think I am in the hospital?

 the message was for Lisa, the valentine for you. You never answer a text and when you answered within 4 seconds, I was so shocked it scared me.
Now I know how to get your attention.
He said well you got it, I thought you were over the edge,

The TEXT was to my Brother, who NEVER answers a text. I can see he read them, but no reply.
I had no idea he knew how to find an angel smiley face or even answer the text.

I have laughed over this until I cried, several times. 
Mary Lucille is our mother, who has been in heaven since 1990.
I scrolled up and found the message for Lisa above the valentine for David.

I thought he was teasing me. He thought I was over the edge.
The moral of the story, is be careful who you text.

PS.... I was a supervisor, team leader in the job I retired from. Email was NEW! this was in the late 90's.
I went to a meeting of Team Leaders, Managers, Directors and all five people who start with the Letter C as in CEO CIO CEF
I was UPSET in that meeting. I sent and email stating WHY and it was NOT NICE. 
We had group emails. One was MGR MGRDIR and one for all MGR in company
My email went to every single manager, director and Cin the company. Even in other states.
ALLMGRS
Yes I did get called on the carpet and written up for doing it.





I thought 

19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wait, so is your brother still alive? And are you going to try Anni's double exposure? I will, it looks fun.

easyweimaraner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
easyweimaraner said...

hugs to your bro .... in a group message a friend wrote that she had a bad fall and is in ER , later she texted that her left is broken PDL.... we asked google what kind of body part ptl is, but not even google had an idea... we found out that she meant her arm is broken but the left one, not the right... ptl meant praise the lord (omg I'm tooooo old for texting)

Hootin Anni said...

Our company I retired from ... We couldn't use our phones during office hours. Thank goodness. With all the psychiatrists I worked for & them reading my texts, they would've locked me up in the looney bin.

Ann said...

Text messages can be confusing sometimes and even worse if the person you are texting doesn't get back to you right away when you question them.
Thankfully, I've never had a work email. I probably would have gotten in trouble many times.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Thankfully I have never been a perpetrator of mis-messaging... but have rec'd one intended for another. About me... 8`0... it got sorted... YAM xx

Rose said...

I am glad I never had texts for work. Or email...

Martha said...

I think we've all done things like this!

Forsythia said...

How well I remember a young, impulsive man at work who made a not-nice comment to a guy friend about a young woman and sent it to "all."

Chatty Crone said...

Funny - I have learned that lesson myself a few times.

Mevely317 said...

You are a stitch! Okay, I confess to having to read it twice before I 'caught on.' An hour later, I'm still chuckling about your brother thinking you'd gone off the edge.
I don't recall sending any e-mails to the wrong person(s), but loathe that 'reply all' feature. There's still a few ladies who do that when my SIL sends anything to a group of people. 😡

My Mind's Eye said...

OH my word...one thing for sure when it goes out into the WWW it is there for good like a styrofoam cup in the land fill.
Hugs Cecilia

photowannabe said...

HaHa..I love Cecilia's comment about the styrofoam cup...so TRUE !!
Texts can be a pain if people don't answer and then everything gets mixed up..been there and done that. It's a whole new world for THIS oldie but goodie...
Never had any of that when I was in the work force.
Sue

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

OMD, that is hysterical. Mom isn't a big fan of texts either. She would much rather TALK on the phone. Once in a while she sends a text to the wrong person, but luckily not saying anything wrong.

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

Inger said...

I don't like texting at all. And I don't do it unless I absolutely have to. I can see how funny and not so funny mistakes can be made easily.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

I agree about knowing to whom you're sending/responding...totally!! I too was in that professional world but was fortunate to work closely with the IT department and each programmer taught me A LOT about technology...thank goodness...jp

CheerfulMonk said...

😀 Thanks for the great post!

DeniseinVA said...

I occasionally send wrong messages out to people, usually when I think I am sending it to the hubs and not the ten family members I actually sent it to. Sheesh!

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Text messages popping up in commercials and movie annoy me as they are hard to read:(
I was allowed a cell phone in my portable classroom in the 90’s but text was not yet on those brick phones.