Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Gone In 60 Seconds.. ME on Wordy Wed

You may be familiar with my screen watching days, trying to get an appointment of Covid-19 Vaccine

This is from the past, not now. this post has been in drafts for 2 weeks... First shot done and next one April 4

 Once again I was sitting staring at the Publix screen waiting for the button to come up and allow me to make an appt. 


I watched the screen for 50 minutes.
 I had 3 cups of coffee and 2 glasses of water from 3:30 AM to 7 am

Can you guess where I am going with this?

by 7:30 I was in misery.

sitting with legs crossed

should I GO and chance missing the button popping up? 

If I did not GO and the button popped up, could I sit there long enough to fill out the information?

 Was it better to wet myself 
or chance missing the button?

Not being to happy about the wet part, I decided to watch the 60 second count down.

Every 60 seconds the screen refreshes itself and I had 60 SECONDS before that would happen again
I watched the counter
I stood up and pulled my pants down

When it hit the number 1, I raced around the corner into bob' bathroom 
since it was closer than mine.
I jumped up and without pulling up my pants, I raced back to the computer and
THE COUNTER WAS ON 59 Seconds.

I can and did GO within 60 seconds.
Plus I did figure out how to say you know what without saying it..
then while pondering just why I could not say pee, I looked it up.
Here are the other choices.
Make Water, Piddle, Wee Wee, Urinate, Take a leak, Pass Water
and last but not least, piss.
Next time I will just say I had to pee really bad...
Here is something for you to ponder. 
What if I had to go #2?


For those of you who wanted to know what the sign meant in yesterday post,
It is warning that side traffice you might not expect will be entering and to use cautions.
the straight road breaks around houses and is hard to see from a car
all 3 are google images snip its and that is me all slim and trim strideing along like godzilla




22 comments:

Tigger's Mum said...

In NE UK they call it a waz. F's dad was just 'going to see a man about a dog' - which when he's a sheep farmer and you're a small kid waiting in the truck at the back of the mercantile firm, made perfect sense until he came back sans dog. 'Dog no good then?'
The sign isn't much use if no one has learned what it is for in their driving test. It's a very flashy sign for a quiet suburban street.

CheerfulMonk said...

I hope your persistence pays off! I feel so spoiled here.

easyweimaraner said...

we hope the button appeared... it is like that old song by the clash... should I stay or should I go... and not even this guys found the right answer...

Ella said...

I also still have to wait for an invitation for vaccination ... you can't arrange that yourself here ...
Driving a car becomes really difficult with all those signs!

DeniseinVA said...

Oh boy, I hope you get your appointment soon after all that.

Ann said...

Oh no, not again. They should have set your second appointment when you went for the first so that you didn't have to go through that again.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
It is awful having to sit at the computer and wait for that button to change.
I wish they just made appointments and took people numerically. We are still waiting to hear when we can get the first dose here. Take care, have a great day!

Hootin Anni said...

Whiz!!!

That's all I should say...but that DEPENDS.

crafty cat corner said...

Lucky you didn't fall over with your pants half up. lol
Briony
x

Mevely317 said...

You are a scream! Only among friends could we talk openly about bodily functions and 'choices.' Men have it so easy, ya know? Just in case, I'd keep a package of those bladder control pads at the ready. (Please don't ask me how I know.)

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
A leak... but more concerning is that business with the button for appointments - can't believe you have to go through that a second time - was there not an automatic listing once you had your first shot to follow up? Crazy. YAM xx

Rose said...

I sure know the feeling of needing to.go to the potty!

Martha said...

You are too much lol! My dad used to say I have to go talk to a man about a horse lol!

My Mind's Eye said...

MOL MS my legs were crossed too trying to guess if you did or did not go..
Hugs Cecilia

Inger said...

You are so funny! How great that you and Bob each have your own bathroom. Errol and I always ended up in one-bathroom homes. Pee-Pee is a very common expression around here. Like: Do you need to pee-pee? Do you want to outside and pee-pee?

photowannabe said...

Sandra...I literally laughed out loud at your saga...You are so dear..I love the way you write and think.
Update on Dave..
After the fiasco..details later..Dave finally had his surgery at 5:30PM last night(Tuesday). All went well and he was back in a room by 10:30PM. He called me groggy but completely lucid. He said he entertained the recovery room nurses with his wild med induced conversation, but no combative behavior. I'm so thankful.
He was about to eat some "dinner" since he hadn't eaten for 36 hours.
I slept like a log.
Waiting to hear from hospital

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Good for you making that pee in the 60 seconds!

Linda said...

A good pee in 60 seconds!!! YES! It can be done!! I always say PEE too!! I know those other words including
going to see a man about a dog'.....but I like Pee!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

You made a sPEEdy move:)

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

Ruth Hiebert said...

You do have some problems and the way you describe them, makes it almost comical.

Carol Henstra said...

Here where I live they email me or phone me. Then if I am out it goes to voicemail.


Oh gee awful when you have to go. what a system.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

WOW! You not only have a great bladder but the patience of a saint!! When I got my first, they scheduled my 2nd for me. A friend told me she went through the craziness you did getting her appointments...jp