Wednesday, April 28, 2021

We are Stylin' on Wordy Wed

 

New Floppy hat, 2 new Towels for the backyard and Beau wearing the hat.

Some of you may remember The Hat and the MadSnapper a month ago. This is the hat today


The more I wore it, the more it fell apart. I duct taped it, more holes came
I saw this floppy hat at Walmart and came home from Tuesday Senior Shopping with a hat only Seniors would be caught wearing in public.
It protects my nose from the sun. 
I started putting Fluorouracil 5, chemotherapy cream on 2 Squamous cancers on my nose.

If you enlarge the first photo the ugly red can be seen,
The info says DO NOT get in the sun.
Ha Ha, I live in Florida. I get in the sun unless I am inside the house.



I had no idea it would have side effects until they started. So Far 7 days of it and I have about half the side effects listed.
I have Headache, 
Broken sleep pattern, as in wake up every hour,
 sinus dripping, can even turn to sinus infection. My nose pours constantly.
Dry mouth, hair falling out.
Last but not least IRRITABILITY... I HAVE IT.  Ok, so I already had that, but it is worse

 REALLY? from smearing one dot of cream on my nose?
 
THEN I read the how do you know if it it is working and how will the doctor know when to stop it.
WHEN IT GETS RED AND ANGRY and CRUSTED
I got red and angry and became a crusty old woman, because no one told me what to expect.
I guess its better than my nose rotting off, which I found on one site
This is why I bought the floppy hat!
I have no idea why I put Beau in the hat and Styled us together
. Maybe the chemo is making my brain angry and red.
Photo of my precious Beau sitting on sofa with hat on is on Fourpaws today



24 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The towel is pretty. But Oh My, the cream! So many bad side effects just from a little cream. Well, it obviously is absorbed into your skin, and from there into your bloodstream. We had never heard of chemo cream before. Do you know when you can quit, or will you have to go back to the doctor so she can check it?

CheerfulMonk said...

I love the hats, you both look cute.

That sucks about the cream. Andy doesn't have cancer but has precancerous spots. He had such bad side effects from the ointment the doctor prescribed that the doctor when back to freezing the spots. Good luck!

CheerfulMonk said...

"went back", of course. I need to learn to proof read.

easyweimaraner said...

Mark has the same to deal with, but he always "forgets" to wear the hat... seems I have to fix it with super glue to his head...

Tigger's Mum said...

Sympathies on the cream. I've just done with treating whole face with it - several bits on nose, both cheekbones, and forehead. Our family are so benighted by skin cancer that my parents house had a pile of a dozen or so assorted hats with wide brims sitting by the door and no one could go outside, or join them in the garden (even visitors) without choosing and wearing a hat.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my...cream or not, I'd be sure to wear a hat too!!

Ann said...

The hat looks good on you. I have all those side effects without using the cream. I can't believe they didn't warn you about them.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Topical chemo producing similar effects to the intravenous? Definitely oughtta have been a warning about that! Here's to it working fast and the earlier to stop using that poison. The hat is very pretty. YAM xx

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love the cute hat and the towels. It seems all medicines have side effects, some are really horrible too. I hope you do not have to keep using this cream, for much longer. Take care, have a happy day!

Rose said...

We need to.learn to question drs...my dermatologist is always in a hurry. But if I ask things, she will always take time to answer and never gets irritated.

Martha said...

Beau looks adorable in a hat and be sure to wear yours if you so much as step outside the door! I'm sorry about the side effects. :(

DeniseinVA said...

You look cute in your new hat, so does Beau. Sorry to hear about the side effects. I wore mine for the first time yesterday. It was really hot up here.

Mevely317 said...

Love the hat! That's crazy about the sun 'eating' away at the first one.
My mother had an itty-bitty tube of cream she had to apply to the cancer spots on her hands, but I don't recall her having said anything about side effects. (Mind you, this was 20+ years ago.) I'm really sorry to hear you're experiencing all those ... and what? There's nothing they recommend to help counteract? Ugh.

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh that is one powerful cream - I have never ever heard of that before. I hope the pain doesn't get too bad for you. I am with Ginny - will you get it rechecked to make sure it is all gone?

My Mind's Eye said...

I have a real sensitivity anything on my skin. I cannot use any sunscreen with Paba in it or any insect spray..except what approved for babies.
Hugs Cecilia
PS I love your stylin'

photowannabe said...

Oh Sandra...so sorry about all those ugly side effects to a cream that's suppose to be healing. I sure hope it does the work ASAP...keep wearing your new styling hat...better than your nose falling off..
Love Beau in the hat too.
Sue

Betty Manousos said...

hello there Sandra, so sorry about those side effects. the hat looks good on you and Beau. take care! xoxo

Betty Manousos said...

oh i love the green towels.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm so sorry about the side effects you are having. Yes they are worth it if it helps. Love your new hat and the towels.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Mom has heard that that treatment can be tough. We hope in the end it does what it is supposed to do. Keep wearing that hat - it's a good thing,

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

LC said...

One challenge after another in this stage of life. Your hat is a badge of triumph over discouraging challenges. You go girl!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Being protected from the sun is so important and likely even more so where you live.

Olde Dame Holly said...

I usually get the side effects, never the benefit, of medications. Boo! I love Beau in the Hat. I found out that the pigment-bleaching cream for age spots made me unable to sleep. It is strange: A literal dot of medication on skin having such an effect? I hear those chemo creams are just very, very tough on folks.

Carol Henstra said...

sorry of side effects.









sorry