Saturday, May 15, 2021

Chain Reaction Part 2

 


 I moved the curtains from living room to bedroom to block the sun, and we both LOVE them. I had intended to use them for the time the suns comes in this time of year, but now they Belong There.
Time frame above was from 6:30 to 7, you can see the subtle changes.
Above shows left to right, 6:30 AM, 6:40, 7 AM open and closed blinds.

the blast of  a heat furnace blast comes much later in they day. 
Ribbons are tied on when we wake up, easy to drop them when needed.

Since I liked both windows so much, it started another chain reaction 


I moved the rooted pieces of Philomena from kitchen counter to front window.


The kitchen counter was bare, I moved the 2nd empty green vase to the counter and added Philodendron from the front yard.

Which left 2  bottles on the shelf  and a blank spot on the kitchen wall.

With the living room looking like it had a spotlight shining on it, 
I started a flurry of cleaning and dusting because NOW I can SEE what is there.

The shiny table by the ancient ugly rocker, now needs a plant, but I have no suitable height container which mean I will have to shop for one.


to fill the space on the shelf, I simply moved the bottle further apart and added to pieces of Philomena into the larger bottle until I can decided what to do.

I cut off the bottom of the photo because I hate the wooden Bow that is on it. I want Bob to cut off the bow, but well, You Know!
I despise the shelf  put there 32 years ago.
(new chain reaction on the way)

As I took all the photos, I said to Bob what I have said dozens of times. 
That  rocker is killing my back and looks awful because it is covered in two towels so the cracked leather doesn't cut my legs, instead of of him saying it looks fine to me, 
he said 'I think your right'.
I bought that chair back in the 90's from a USED furniture store.
It is OLD and NOT an antique.

Are you picking up what I am putting down?

But wait there is more..... to be continued.

19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The drapes look much better now, and you have the option of opening or closing them easily. Well, one thing leads to another for sure. I like the plant on the table with the lamp, it looks like it belongs there. I can't wait to see what else you are doing!!

CheerfulMonk said...

Wow! Good for you!

crafty cat corner said...

Not sure why, but I love this post
Briony
x

Hootin Anni said...

You're working on the way to a model home!!

Linda P said...

You're inventive and creative Sandra. I like the glass bottles, pictures and plant arrangement. We have vertical blinds like yours plus lined, heavy curtains that we can draw closed on the living room windows with the same in the bedrooms. I can just imagine the heat and the sun so you need extra protection in your home. Today we have gloomy weather.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

You could be a home designer for HGTV. I like the dark curtain for the bedroom, I need darkness to be able to sleep. The plant, bottles and pictures are arranged beautifully.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Ann said...

Everything is looking good. I need something to start a chain reaction here so I can get things done.
So is there a new chair coming to a living room near you?

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
... I think this is what is known as 'spring cleaning'!!! YAM xx

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That's so true...changing something sets up a chain reaction! I love to move things around but it gets to be a lot of WORK! lol

Martha said...

Everything looks great! I can't wait to hear what's next!

Mevely317 said...

LOVE the look of those curtains. Good grief, I'd be all day messing with the ribbon and trying to achieve that uniform look. I was going to say "model home" and "HGTV", but others beat me to it.
So glad Bob's in agreement with the chair. Do I detect a note of enthusiasm in your voice?

My Mind's Eye said...

MS you missed your calling you should be an interior designer!!
Well done
Hugs cecilia

Rose said...

I need to get on a cleaning jag like you! You are doing good, girl!

Chatty Crone said...

I love the drapes the way you have them.
Your post reminds me of a joke where one thing led to another and by the end of it all you forget what you were doing to begin with!

photowannabe said...

This is getting really exciting...total transformation on the way...
Your new look is terrific and those drapes will certainly help with the sun issues. Good job and the greenery is perfect too.
Can't wait to see what happens with the chair!
Sue

Ruth Hiebert said...

By the time you are done, you will have a new looking house. Have fun.

DeniseinVA said...

I like your chain reaction days, your decorating style is very nice and appealing.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

Every now and then - it's good to take a "good look" at our homes. And especially if the object could be replaced with something that gives us comfort, a smile, just plain better.

I've been sorting up things for a few months now, and today I suddenly thought, why don't I just call a thrift store to pick everything up. That means that this coming week, I need to get really on-2-it....

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad the curtains are working out. I love the glass containers with the plants. Looks wonderful.