Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Wordy Wed

 


Let's Facetime, on Wordy Wed. Sharing a few of My Mad Thoughts.

(1) If I sit in my rocker, with laptop on lap, for one hour, when I go to stand up, my legs are frozen and stiff and I have to take a couple of minutes to 'get ready' to walk.
After laying in bed all night, I resemble a cross between Frankenstein and The Hunchback of Notre Dame when I try to walk.

In the action movies I watch, the HERO is  tied to a a chair for hours, hit over the head,
 punched in the stomach,
 and when he magically gets free,
 he jumps into action, kicking and punching and running like a gazelle.
Why can't I do that?

(2) While watching our daily evening movie, I jumped up and ran to do you know what, and when I sat down, I thought HOW did I get a bruise that big on my toe and not know I did it. 
When I stood up I turned on the light and both toes had what looked like the whole big toe was bruised. 
Returning to the living room giggling so hard I could not talk, I showed them to bob.
He said " how did you do that?"

The answer was..
After dinner, I walked barefoot up front to pick up the Beau Poop and earlier I had put lotion
 on legs and feet .
the bruises were lotion and black Florida sand
and I had watched half a movie without noticing this phenomena.
I sit with legs propped up, feet in plain view.
I had to put the movie on hold and go to the hose in the  back yard.

(3) Have you ever heard that you should not eat Fish and drink Milk?

Bob said one night, I have indigestion, I should not have had Chocolate milk with my cookie after eating fish for lunch. 
I said "what?"

He said my dad always said "never eat Fish with Milk."

Per Google Search, the answer is 
Don't eat fish and milk,
It is ok to eat fish and milk.
So, can we? Should We? Did it make him sick because his dad said it would?
I can't remember if I ever ate fish and milk at the same time!



20 comments:

Linda said...

Oh!!! I love this so much!!! Only YOU!!!!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am the same as you, can hardly move when getting up or out of bed. AND, I cannot get up if I sit somewhere too low, which is almost everyone's couch that I know! When visiting someone, I have to pull out their kitchen chair to sit on. I have a handicapped toilet, and a three inch riser on top of it. I love your face on your hands! Maybe it is because you use your hands when you talk!! I never heard of fish and milk, I am going to look it up now.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Seafood Chowder!! Nuff said.

easyweimaraner said...

we had a lotion accident a couple of days ago... to jump out of the bed like a rocket with lotioned feed is no good idea... I could stand the first salto but the double rittberger was my doom ;O)

Tigger's Mum said...

That had me hooked from start to finish - the photo is great, the thoughts are just the way my brain works...and then I wonder why people have developed ideas like fish not milk, (or milk not fish) and didn't they ever enjoy a good seafood chowder as Ginny suggested? Best seafood chowder I ever ate was in the old meat market district in Vancouver. Which is going some because I don't much like seafood.

CheerfulMonk said...

Great post. That picture is brilliant and the words made me laugh. I've had fish and milk together many times and had no problems.

Ann said...

I can relate to sitting for a while and trying to get up.. No way would I be able to get up and do karate chops right away.
Too funny on the bruise.
I've never heard about eating fish and drinking milk. I can't remember if I've ever had milk with fish or not so I can't say whether or not it will make you sick

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I usually try to hold on to something when I stand up from the chair or bed.
If I tried jumping up I would land on the floor.
I would never drink milk with fish, I really do not like milk.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Good questions. Not sure I have answers! YAM xx

DawnTreader said...

I always ask myself questions lile that when watching action movies. Not to mention they sometimes remain tied to that chair for more than 24 hours, no drink, no food, no chance for a bathroom break and that never seems to be a problem for proper heroes either... I was relieved to read your toes weren't really bruised!!!🙃
Fish and milk, probably in childhood, nowadays never as I don't drink milk at all, being lactose intolerant.

Hootin Anni said...

That fish & milk is odd. Some dredge fish IN milk/egg before trying or baking. A bunch of malarkey. "Old wife's tale"?

Bruised toes being lotion and yard grime is funny.

DeniseinVA said...

I loved reading this :) I remember my Dad groaning every time he got up saying oh my aching bones. I am my dad now. Fish and milk? That’s interesting. My mother made this dish of baked cod with parsley sauce. The parsley sauce was made with milk. I don’t think she heard that it was a bad combination.

My Mind's Eye said...

LOL LOL Sandra I always heard the 'old timers' say that about fish and milk too. However as a child I didn't eat FISH at all so no worries about drinking my supper milk with it.. Now I do eat fish but I don't drink milk at supper.
Hugs Cecilia

Martha said...

First of all I don't think I'd walk barefoot anywhere near where they might be Beau poop lol! I don't think I've ever had milk with fish but I don't even drink milk except in my coffee, but what about things like seafood chowder? That would have both fish and milk.

Mevely317 said...

I can SO identify with getting up without feeling like the Hunchback of Notre Dame! And, without my knees and elbows speaking up. Loudly.

No, I never heard of not eating fish and drinking milk. Weird, that Google would contradict itself. Then again, I don't recall ever drinking a glass of (white) milk on purpose.

PS - You know, I'm never going to watch an action movie again without thinking of this and snickering. Keep your Mad Thoughts coming!

Rose said...

When I was little, I often heard that about milk and fish. I drank milk anyway...but I wonder how that saying came about. Love the bruised toes phenomena....sounds like something I would do. But Roger all the time has nasty looking places on his arms and does not know how he does them. I need to take a picture of some of the worst.

photowannabe said...

Sandra, you made me laugh with the toes story...too funny...
Yes my aching bones too.
I'm back into doing my stretching and bending exercises again in the morning...My thighs said a big ouch this morning...getting up is never pretty for me.
Never heard of the milk and fish combo..but i don't like milk and seldom drink it so I guess I will never find out the WHY of the old wives tale.
Sue

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Your random thoughts are always entertaining Sandra! I'm sure glad you share them!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

After sitting a while, getting up and doing anything quickly is a thing of the past.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That's funny about your big toes. Never heard that about fish and milk but I rarely drink milk.