Thursday, May 6, 2021

Crocs and a Little Known Secret

 


Daddy Bob got a new pair of Crocs... the little know secret is, his other Crocs, his walking Beaumont Crocs, were the one and only thing Beau ever touched in the house. A few weeks after we rescued him, while waiting for us to get our walking clothes on, he took a small bite out of the back of Daddy's shoe. 

I the MAMA never knew about this until this past week, Bob kept stopping to stomp his foot. I said what is wrong? something in the shoe? he showed me the piece missing and has been walking on that for 5 months. I ordered a pair from Amazon because my trip to 2 local stores found NONE...

I got a few giggles by reading the 3 cards that came with the Crocs. 

WARNING that states in FIVE languages this info.

To avoid severe personal injury when riding escalators and moving walkways,
 Stand in the middle of the step facing forward,
 Do not contact any surface next to the moving tread or step.
 Step carefully when getting on and off, 
Hold Children's hand and supervise children at all times.
Does this mean only do this if wearing CROCS? 
Is this crazy or am I?

The size chart you see captured my attention. It list these countries.

US, CAN,ES, EUR,UK,JP,CN,KR,BR
    I said to Bob, USA, Canada, Europe, and what the heck are the others?
He said why do you care?
HA!
can you guess before scrolling down?





US, United States, Can, Canada, ES, USA ???, 
EUR, Europe, UK United Kingdom, JP, Japan
CN, China. KR, South Korea. BR, Brazil
here is the website where I found the info and Bob wants to know why did I care?
I don't know, I just do.  2 Letter Country Codes 

25 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I was not able to guess! I remember back when Crocs were the rage, kids got their crocs caught in escalators, it was all in the news to not wear Crocs on escalators. Wonder f Beau swallowed the piece, probably. Now you can say your dog took on a Croc and ate it.

Rose said...

I so got tickled at this...laughing at the instructions and laughing at the why do I care...I would probably have been like y ou and looked it up, only to forget it again.

easyweimaraner said...

maybe too much people turned into dive bombers... like me and the whole furmily... the best deadly mix is wet tile floor and being in a hurry ;O)))

Ann said...

It's amazing the things they have to print on warning labels now simply because people don't have common sense.
I would have wanted to know what all those countries were too. Not because I needed to know but because of the curiosity factor.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The warning labels seem a little crazy, but I guess they do not want to be sued.
Escalators scare me, especially getting on. Have a happy day!

Hootin Anni said...

I figured all but Brazil. I don't have kids to grab when going up an escaltor, so I'm okay. In fact I know of only ONE here, and I don't go there.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
... what about Aus and NZ??? Hehe. I do like crocs - such practical footwear. Except, perhaps, on escalators... YAM xx

Mevely317 said...

Stuff like that would bug me, too. Better to find out right away than have it occupying time in my head at 2 or 3AM. I missed correctly guessing Brazil ...
and I'm STILL at a loss to figure ES. ?????

Chatty Crone said...

Crocs sound dangerous - I can't believe they are still on the market! lol

Tigger's Mum said...

ES is Spain (Espana)

DawnTreader said...

ES = Spain (España); but Spain is part of Europe, which is not a country. And Canada's code is CA, not CAN. None of it makes much sense... (As a Postcrosser I've learned some of the country codes...)

My Mind's Eye said...

Good grief I'd almost be afraid to wear them. LOL Tell bob you care because it is blog worthy!!
Kinda like the warning on hot beverage cups...

Hugs Cecilia

photowannabe said...

The fear of being sued has made companies over warning and they are trying to save their hide.
Escalators can be dangerous but so are stairs and driving a car!!
I don't like escalators and feel like I'm going to fall..usually make Dave go ahead of me going down..
Love the croc story and Bob...Happy walks now for him..
Sue

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I think it's great you are always learning new things!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I missed the BR too! But how interesting to have the warnings. I don't like wearing my flip flops on a ladder....just saying! lol

Inger said...

I got all the countries, except BR. I have never owned a pair of crocs and while I'm curious about them, I don't like to buy shoes online and I'v never seen them in a store here. I guess WM must have them, they have eveerything.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Those instructions were pretty amusing, Sandra. I tried wearing Crocs when we lived in VA, but didn't really find them all that comfortable. I can imagine they are fairly standard footwear in FL.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

No way that has been in his shoe for 5 months and he didn't know it! Hooray for the new Crocs.

CheerfulMonk said...

I knew about half of them, and like you I would have looked the rest up. Thanks!

Olde Dame Holly said...

Ha ha, I got all of them! Yay! As to the Crocs, there were some sad accidents with little ones and escalators and Crocs. But I think, with the many "jelly" sandals and other "foam" sandals and footwear now, the danger isn't specifically with Crocs anymore. I love Crocs. One of the only shoes I can wear. Remember when they used to be cheap?

LC said...

Thankful this wasn’t a test. I would have flunked!

DeniseinVA said...

Good to hear Bob got his crocs. Those people really don't want to be sued! You have a curious mind and that is a great thing :)

Linda said...

I love that you care!!! When you quit caring......well, that will be a sad day, indeed!

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

entertaining and interesting "instructions" - this last week, a letter from Australia and within the stamped postmark is a picture of a dog with the words slightly obscured "Secure your (I think the word is dog) and protect your postie" - of course my friend wouldn't see that but it's just fun when the message is so much different the "town and the wiggly lines" we normally see...

Marvelous Marv said...

Interesting about Crocs. They were the Daddy's favorite shoe. Jo Jo chewed the heck out of them too, until he passed and then she stopped...Strange. Canada is a 2 letter code it is CA, except in the US where California is CA so down there, you guys put Can on everything (Oh yes on our documents the US is it, not USA.)