Wednesday, July 28, 2021

MAD-catastrophizer, On Guard!


on Guard, attempting to control the other combatants. 
Battling with Health Care is  WAR!

July 26, I went for my Annual Eye check up. All is Well, he gave me an A in eye health.

I need RX change, and they mailed off my expensive, oh so light weight, frameless glasses and the ones you see above is what I have to wear until the glasses come back. 

The ones you see are Heavy Metal, not melodic at all, really thick glass

Our insurance only pays for heavy bifocals, no progressive lens and  2 choices of UGLY frames and these I wore last time they sent my glasses off, and will until I get them back
they were FREE
What  if they get lost or broken or there are no truck drivers to bring them back to me.


Below is my Madcatatrophizer Target for the next few weeks. Bob's knee replacement is on the 16th, that is the date marked with red x made out of Band-Aids.

this is a screen print of August in my cell phone. the red lines are appointments, the ones with hearts are Bob's the other 2 or mine. Bob has seen 2 doctors and now has 4 more appointments made. we are waiting on the Cardiologist to call, that will be 2 more appts and the 2 that will be at the hospital 2 days before surgery. HE HAS NO IDEA he has about 9 appts before the surgery. 

I will not list my list of What If's. YET!  I am telling you all this so that you will know if there is no post, or I don't comment, I AM BUSY... I may or may no post, comment, it may or may not be only this blog or only Beau's blog. We shall see what we shall see.

I am in catastrophize mode,    I am not sleeping well, I am irritated with our health insurance and health system,and Doctors who don't return calls,  this may cause me to be snarky with comments. 

 



24 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

Sending you lots of positive vibes and hugs!

Have a nice day!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh gosh, you have so much pressure and anxiety right now. I know you will be so relieved when this is all over. The glasses don't look bad on you!

easyweimaraner said...

that word is the constant motto here too... we have all our paws crossed for the surgery...

Tigger's Mum said...

crikey. And there was us thinking that at least in your health system you had the benefit of being the 'paying customer' (which is apparently meant to motivate the service provider). Three has to be a compromise somewhere between a health system that is always trying to cut corners and save money, and one that might be a tad overloaded with expensive appointments and pretreatment procedures to pay for. I know your system also has to cover the risk that medicos can be sued, so they might be inclined to a fair bit of covering their tails.... In NZ we can't sue anyone for accident or injury - but that is a very long whole other story.

Hootin Anni said...

I know this is easier said than done...but, relax. 100 years from now, it will make no difference. And with that, you can be snarky with me all you want 'cause I am the queen of catastrophizing...I understand.

diane b said...

Oh dear you do have a lot on your plate at the moment. I hope your catastrophizing doesn't happen. Wishing you all the best next month.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
This is the place for gnashing of teeth and letting off steam... all best for the next few weeks... YAM xx

Ann said...

Oh no, I wish I could wave a magic wand and take away the catastophizing. Just remember to breathe. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way that everything goes well.

DeniseinVA said...

A lot on your plate for sure, and a lot of stress. I will also be sending you positive thoughts.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am sending good vibes for you, I know how the health system and doctors appt's can be stressful. Best wishes and prayers for Bob's knee surgery!
Take care, have a happy day!

Mevely317 said...

Right here with you! I've been catastrophizing since yesterday morning -- even imagining the unimaginable.
Juggling like you're doing, heck. An air traffic controller has nuthin' on the Mad Snapper.
Deep breaths!

My Mind's Eye said...

I know your one bright spot in August will be the frameless glasses arriving.
YIKES 9 appt. I would not tell him either. I can't understand why docs don't return calls in a timely fashion. I'm thankful the only docs we see are our well established P.C. physicians. All with have health portals that I can send emails to them and that they check regularly. As you can keep us posted.
Good luck
Hugs cecilia

Chatty Crone said...

You have a lot there - but one day at a time and prayer helps.

photowannabe said...

Yikes...you are wearing me out ...
Catastrophizing for the next few weeks ...You can be snarky all you want...You know you have a safe place with us in Blogdom.
Hang in there and you know I am praying for both of you...
Sue

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Try to relax and take it one event at a time. Mom says there is no point in worrying until you have something to worry about:) Hope everything goes very well.

Woos - Lightning, Birthday Girl Misty, and Timber

Ruth Hiebert said...

Hope all those appointments go much better than anticipated .

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Sending hugs in hopes things go smoothly!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

No need to ever apologize, Sandra, as fellow bloggers understand that life has priorities. Hope that all goes well with the upcoming appts.

CheerfulMonk said...

Love and hugs! ❤️💕❤️💕

Linda said...

You are going to make it through this! So will Bob! It may not be pretty or comfortable but you WILL make it! There’s a lot to look forward to once all this is said and done! You cope better than most and I’ve never really known you to be snarky! Love and prayers every single day! By name, out loud and on purpose!

Linda said...

You are going to make it through this! So will Bob! It may not be pretty or comfortable but you WILL make it! There’s a lot to look forward to once all this is said and done! You cope better than most and I’ve never really known you to be snarky! Love and prayers every single day! By name, out loud and on purpose!

Linda said...

You are going to make it through this! So will Bob! It may not be pretty or comfortable but you WILL make it! There’s a lot to look forward to once all this is said and done! You cope better than most and I’ve never really known you to be snarky! Love and prayers every single day! By name, out loud and on purpose!

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

virtual hugs and much fortitude in your tank, from NZ. NZ where the system is slightly broke but we do not have the system you appear to have...

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I understand completely and totally relate to your catastrophizing! I wish I knew how to stop it. Keeping you and Bob in my prayers, praying for things to go as smoothly as possible. All test will be good and he will be good to go with a successful knee replacement.