Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Tasteful Tuesday Easy Gluten Free Drop biscuits

 


For years I made Mayo Drop Biscuits, using Self-rising white flour, whole milk and Mayo. Just those 3 ingredients.  

I am now gluten, soy and lactose free and searching for a bread or biscuit that tastes good and fits my need. 

My favorite so far, keeps well in freezer, or fridge. 

The first time I baked them, I melted 4 squares of the above cheese in a small pan, and when it was sizzling, scooped it out and put the cheese on a biscuit, then tried Egg, cheese on a biscuit. 

I intedn to bake with shredded cheese in the mix before baking. This is a recipe I can play with.

My first attempt and of course I had picked up Almond flour by mistake instead of All purpose Gluten free. I lacked 1/2 cup of all purpose so added 1/2 cup of almond. Worked Well. 

INGREDIENTS

2 cups gluten-free flour blend

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup of mayonnaise (gluten-free)     (I use Hellmans Organic Vegan Mayo)

1 cup almond milk      ( I used Lactaid milk)

INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. 

In a large bowl whisk together the gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then add mayonnaise and almond milk. Mix together until combined. 

Scoop up the dough with a large spoon and use a spatula to help scrape it off the spoon and onto a parchment-lined baking pan. Leave an inch or two between the biscuits. This recipe makes around 11 biscuits.

I found this recipe on Mamashire.com 



16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I'm glad you found something that you love that is easy to make. I wonder if you can make it with any kind of flour?

Tigger's Mum said...

The challenges you face and your responses amaze us. It makes us realize there are more food styles in this world than the white bread with everything that F grew up in. Toast at breakfast, sandwiches at lunch and some kind of pudding (white flour, butter, eggs) after the meat and veg at night. And if you got hungry in between - cakes and biscuits with white wheat flour and dairy products. Who knew then that there was anything else????

Ann said...

They look good. It can't be easy finding tasty things to eat when you are eliminating all those things from your diet.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Your biscuits look yummy and the recipe seems easy to make.
I am glad you found a recipe you like. The store bought gluten free bread is awful. I have not found one I like.

Mevely317 said...

I don't normally crave bread, but these biscuits look delicious!
Now I'm wondering (seriously) if there's not a cookbook in your future -- targeted for those with similar food allergies but can't -- or won't -- do the research themselves.

Yamini MacLean said...

hari OM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... YAM xx

Inger said...

I have no idea what all those things you no longer can eat are. How in the world can you keep track of it? Did you at some time check all you had been eating and then eliminated the things you no longer could eat? I think that's what I would do. How they manage these things in countries that do not list the ingredients on the packageing, I have no idea.

Rose said...

I am glad you found something that you can work with and play with. Sounds good.

My Mind's Eye said...

We love Cabot cheese!!
Hugs Cecilia

photowannabe said...

Well done!!
It sounds like you've finally found a good, tasty blend that doesn't involve too much manipulation.
If it works..go for it!!
Sue

DeniseinVA said...

This looks soooooo good!!! Glad you've found something you can enjoy. I am saving this recipe, thanks for the share :)

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

I too having to change my lifestyle both diet and exercise and stress free. Am on a personal baby step plan...touch wood I seem to be making headway.

But as I said to a pal, what am I going to do with eating out, particularly when the menu incorporated the food stuffs I know play havoc with my personal inner world!

Take care. Happy new year

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad you found the recipe. It sounds good, especially with some cheese or an egg. We love extra sharp white cheddar.

Olde Dame Holly said...

The new biscuits look mighty fine!

Betty Manousos said...

these look delicious! glad you found the recipe. I’m going to have to give it a try.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Glad you found so much choice in gluten free.we can use small amount of wheat flour but no corn starch or oil. As we use mainly sour dough rye it works well. But these days Naomi’s no longer made with olive oil and I have a reaction to canola/ rap seed products now also used in mayo . We eat tiny meals now nut many veggies and salads.